who has the MGW shifter. Question for you.

AzDropTop

Established Member
Just orderd one. Went with the red handle since I don't drag too much. Anyway, do you think I'll need the Cobrabob shifter gasket set to go along with it?
Thanks in advance.
Rick

whtsnake03

Established Member
I ordered one early on. The shifter came with a Cobra Bob gasket. Not sure if MGW still includes it or not...

CY98Cobra

Established Member
they were still included when i bought mine but i would have paid $7.50 for it. way better than the rtv silicone crap.

vegaspackerfan

13 NFL championships!
Established Member
I just got mine today. Blue handle. And Cobrabob gasket. I can't wait until Thursday when I put it in. :banana:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Yes, I heard a rumor that the gaskets work VERY well! LOL! Seriously though, the gaskets do work and I highly recommend them. George was originally providing gaskets with the shifters but I don't believe he does so any longer. He is now including the traditional silicone sealer.

AzDropTop

Established Member
CobraBob said:
Yes, I heard a rumor that the gaskets work VERY well! LOL! Seriously though, the gaskets do work and I highly recommend them. George was originally providing gaskets with the shifters but I don't believe he does so any longer. He is now including the traditional silicone sealer.

hey bob! I already ordered one from your website!!!!!
Rick :pepper:

Gearhead-FMC

Established Member
I ordered an MGW shifter at the end of January. Received it last week and it came with RTV Black gasket sealer. I guess that MGW is not send the CobraBob gaskets.

I had already the CobraBob gaskets. Installed the unit in about 20 min with gaskets. Very quiet, works great and I am very happy.

:beer:

vegaspackerfan

13 NFL championships!
Established Member
Just put the MGW in my car. :banana: It took me about 40 minutes from start to finish inc the test drive. :rockon:

So farr so good. I just ran around the block a couple of times. I realy like this set up. I am tall with long arms so I have the blue.

Besides the quality of the shifter, the look of that little short stub in the center consol looks awesome.

Vegas

Users who are viewing this thread