Who has the SS Mac catback?

V-Sicks

Established Member
Im wanting to switch my bassani catback to the stainless mac catback. Who has impressions on them? Also any pictures would be helpful!

Homebrew

Established Member
I have it and really like the sound, but as i'm sure you've read, mac doesn't have the best fitment. I had to cut off the hanger on the passenger side tail pipe and have it re-welded it in a new position to get it to not to touch the gas tank cover. Other than that, you'll notice a lot of marks on the pipes which I'm assuming are from some kind of clamp. Also there's little bits of welding slag all over the place on mine. At least thats what I think it is. I'll try to dig out my stainless pro-chamber and take pictures to show you what I'm talking about because it has the same marks. Overall I do like the exhaust, but quality wise, it's just not on the same level as say bassani or borla. I do prefer the sound from the Mac though. I'd probably buy it again if I had it to do over, but do think it's slightly overpriced given these small issues with it. I think $400 would be more of a fair price for the quality you receive.

-Kevin

Users who are viewing this thread