Who here has had the exterior of their Eaton blower powdercoated?

rocket5979

Established Member
I see allot of people recommending to not have the exterior of the Eaton blowers powder coated because of issues with heat dissipation but I also seen some people who seem to have had it done anyways. Usually this is accompanied by advice to just paint it instead. What I want to know is how many of you have had your Cobra, Lightning, or other vehicle's roots blower powder coated; and did you use any sort of coat with specific/special heat dissipation properties? I wonder if anyone has actually measured the difference or if they just take a wild ass guess assuming that powder coat will adversely affect heat dissipation enough to cause a noticeable loss in performance or longevity. From my research there are allot of places, such as motorcycle engine manufacturers that powder coat their engine blocks and have zero issues with heat dissipation..

My reason for asking this is that I already have my blower completely disassembled with all seals and bearings removed (except for the rotor pack) for a rebuild and port job. While I was taking it apart I noticed the exterior grey epoxy paint is in bad condition; so I figured why not refinish with something that also looks good too. The tentative plan is to have the snout and main rotor case coated a sonic blue color and then I will hand polish the rotorpack plate itself so as not to have to bake it; thus preventing the chance of killing the seals inside.

I welcome posts from anyone who may have some real tips based on firsthand experience with this. Any explanation of hurdles that may have had to be overcome by finding a special heat dissipating powder coat, if even truly required, would be nice too. Thanks fellas. :beer:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread