Who here stayed late at Norwalk yesterday?

SNKBITE

Established Member
I was surprised that the weather broke and let us get some runs in yesterday. I only made 3 before I had to head home to take care of some business. Did those who stayed get to run all day?
And how did you do?
I was pleased with my runs, 12.034, 12.039, and the last one of 11.80. Not bad taking the high humidity and temps. into consideration. The only thing that I did not like was that they only sprayed the track 300' out, and the first time I cleared the 300' the a$$ end of my car got a little squirrely.
I was able to get my best ever 60' time @ 1.69, so that was a plus. Not bad on the stock IRS, and 17" E/T Streets.
Wish I could have stayed longer and met more of you that made the trip..

snakecharmr99

Established Member
SNKBITE, you didn't miss too much by leaving when you did. We ran until a little after 3:00. Mr. Bader came out to the starting line to let us know a major storm was moving in on the radar. I barely got my slicks aired up and got the car on the trailer before all hell broke loose. I'm quite sure there was no TNT due to the rain.

Congrats on the times. Considering the DA, those are very good. Those 17" ET Streets must be working pretty well. I didn't manage to improve on my best time, the air was just too bad. Went 11.04 with a 1.56 short time for the best of the day.

The fall event is scheduled for October 22nd., hope you can make it out. It was good to meet you, Bob.

SNKBITE

Established Member
Thanks Bob. I caught your first run. It sounded to me like you actually let up on that run around 1000 ft or so. I can see a lot of
10 second passes in that little black beauty.
On my first pass as soon as I cleared the 300 foot mark where the VHT ended I was shocked as to how much my a$$ end started dancing around. It had to be extreme for you at that point.
The 1.69 60foot I had on the second run was my best to date.
I was a little surprised on the 11.80 pass I made yesterday, that my mph was only 115. My 11.65 pass last fall was at 122mph.
The air left a lot to be desired yesterday. My tune is different too.
Was nice meeting you also, and I hope to make the next one.
I got home to find out that our electricity that was taken out by the strom Thursday night, will not be back up until this coming Wednesday!!! I will keep the generator running for the next couple of days...
Let me know how deep into the 10's you get before I see you again.
Marc

03-LS1

wish I woulda been there. Last time at Norwalk I was the only 03 around..........I was lonely. Nice time btw. I drive like my dead grandmother so I am stuck at 12.05 at 117

snakecharmr99

Established Member
Marc, your mph was probably down due to a combination of the corrected DA and the fact that there was a pretty stiff headwind.

They usually only prep the track out to the 330ft mark unless there are some really fast cars present. Your right though, it can get a little scary sometimes. When my car is on a really good pass, it feels like it's shaking it's ass going down the track, LOL!!

Take care, Bob. :rockon:

Users who are viewing this thread