Who is running a Spec 3+/Centerforce DFX or similar clutch with the stock 10 Spline?

silvercoffin

Established Member
I was just wondering who is running a DFX or Spec 3+ or the equivalent with the stock 10 spine input shaft?

How much torque/power are you running with that set up?

silvercoffin

Established Member
hmmm

i cant believe that everyone has switched over to the 26 spline. I called JDM and I talked to the Mechanic who put my clutch in this week. Both said I'll be fine with the torque I am running. The mechanic who installed my clutch said he would be more worried about breaking axles than the input shaft. I have level 2 dss though.

I am picking up my car today. He says that its tough to drive on the street with the Spec 3+. I cant wait to see what its like. As long as it holds up and works well at the track I will be happy. I'll post all about it this weekend after I put as many miles on it as i can.

My mechanic also said that the retainer sleave isnt as big a problem as I think from hearing about it on the net. He payed special attention to mine but didnt think it was necessary to swap it out. He races cars..used to drag race and now is into road racing...auto cross? so i think he knows his stuff. he says that retainer sleave problem is just the usual ford quality issue.

Its real easy to think that you have all these problems when you read all this stuff online. I think id be better off if I didnt read anything on the net! it makes me too pARanoid about every little sound I hear.

knowfreed0m

Blown Is Better
Established Member
Im running the Centerforce DF clutch and pressure plate with stock 10 spline. I'm about to add Stg. IV port and a couple other things but so far the clutch is great! Does everything I need it too and is VERY streetable.

silvercoffin

Established Member

lol ok im bored cause its going to rain and I cant go put more miles on the clutch! so here goes....

2.80 upper
CAI
Bassani X with cats and cat back
PFAB Ice box
Superchip flip chip dyno tuned at JDM cold and warm weather tunes
KB subframes/strut tower bar
QA1 Adj. Shocks rear
Pinion Snubber
IRS Brace
DSS Level 2 shafts
Steeda Firewall Adjuster and quadrant
HUrts line lock
MT DR radials
Best et on Ford stock clutch...I was told it was an upgraded ford clutch but the guy who installed my spec told me otherwise after checking the numbers on it.
Pro 5.0 shifter
Raptor shift light

I think thats everything. Car dynoed at 470hp 461tq on the faster tune (warm weather tune)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread