who is the fastest nozzle n2o coyote

Need4Speed03

Established Member
I went 10.56 at 130 with the Zex kit on a 150 shot.

I had an NX plate kit before that I believe worked better. That being said I'm going to a NX HO plate kit now, hopefully have some new numbers this week.

nast97

Gear Banger
Established Member
I went 10.56 at 130 with the Zex kit on a 150 shot.

I had an NX plate kit before that I believe worked better. That being said I'm going to a NX HO plate kit now, hopefully have some new numbers this week.

Is this on stock motor??

LOUDCOYOTE

Established Member
Thats right along where the faster guys are with zex 150 shot, since my 10.5s I have built the engine and had a custom converter done specifically for the car, did some suspension upgrades and did the trans brake mod as well as install a 2step. Im planning on going to the high output plate as well as add the nano system

zinc03svt

Big Red
Established Member
Damn, looking hard at these for the money. Can do a full kit, plus accessory kit, and extra bottle with brackets for under 1200 brand new.

LOUDCOYOTE

Established Member
The zex kit is awesome but I will be moving up to a h/o nx kit soon since I have the bottom end to hold it now. Im gonna spray the 175 on it and see if it will go 9s since I have the converter for it

Tuffnuts23

Established Member
how were you guys going so fast on the stock converter? Had 5 runs last track day and the best I could do was a 1.8 short time with the nitrous coming on at 2800. 11.2 at 124 was my best e/t. 11.4 at 127 was my best mph

Last edited:

Need4Speed03

Established Member
how were you guys going so fast on the stock converter? Had 5 runs last track day and the best I could do was a 1.8 short time with the nitrous coming on at 2800. 11.2 at 124 was my best e/t. 11.4 at 127 was my best mph

No window switch, my spray cones on at wot. Load the converter up to about 1500 and launch on the spray. Best of 1.49 with the stock converter.

LOUDCOYOTE

Established Member
Half of is it your tune and the other half is how you hit the converter, it seems that the stock converter likes to be flashed so dont load up the converter at the line, I run a hand held push button. Release the brake on the last yellow and go wot as soon is i feel the car move I hit the go fast button. What shot are you running tuffnut?

Tuffnuts23

Established Member
Half of is it your tune and the other half is how you hit the converter, it seems that the stock converter likes to be flashed so dont load up the converter at the line, I run a hand held push button. Release the brake on the last yellow and go wot as soon is i feel the car move I hit the go fast button. What shot are you running tuffnut?

I'm on a 125 shot.

LOUDCOYOTE

Established Member
I never ran a true jetted 125 because my jet sizes were a bit off, I ran more along a 135 shot and I was running 11.1s-11.0s at 125. Try both previously mentioned techniques and see what works for ya. How are you launching?

Tuffnuts23

Established Member
I never ran a true jetted 125 because my jet sizes were a bit off, I ran more along a 135 shot and I was running 11.1s-11.0s at 125. Try both previously mentioned techniques and see what works for ya. How are you launching?

I'm just matting it on the the third yellow and holding on. I've had better luck doing that than loading it up on the foot brake. I guess I could just set my window switch to open at 1700, but I always thought this was considered a big no no.

zemog255

Established Member
I'm just matting it on the the third yellow and holding on. I've had better luck doing that than loading it up on the foot brake. I guess I could just set my window switch to open at 1700, but I always thought this was considered a big no no.

The main reason you don't want to spray at a low rpm is if the car bogs. I spray as soon as I feel the car move. I have a switch I just turn on and wot switch. I would see where your stock converter flashes and set your window switch alittle above that. This is assuming you aren't spinning. I can pull a 1.8 60ft on motor with stock gears and a 28in tall tire.

Tuffnuts23

Established Member
The main reason you don't want to spray at a low rpm is if the car bogs. I spray as soon as I feel the car move. I have a switch I just turn on and wot switch. I would see where your stock converter flashes and set your window switch alittle above that. This is assuming you aren't spinning. I can pull a 1.8 60ft on motor with stock gears and a 28in tall tire.

Well, it looks like I need to sack up and spray it right out of the hole. Hopefully I'll have a converter in the car before the next track outing and this won't be an issue. Thanks guys

Users who are viewing this thread