Who is using meth with a PD blower?

vteckiller2000

Add Lightness
Established Member
I am going with either the Roush or FRPP this spring and would like to use a smaller pulley in conjunction with meth for safety so I can run pump gas 93. It doesn't really seem like anyone is using it though. Anyone have any experience? I would like to get into the mid 130's trap speed on (good) 93 pump gas.

SaleenGT2001

Established Member
i was gonna use it till my latest tune pushed me over 600. now i am keeping it the way it is now. i was going to go with the AIS kit, seems to be the best on the market

98ss88mm

Established Member
im curious too, i have a friend that did alot of testing on a Lightning with no results (spray pre blower anyways) but BBR sells that KB deal, and i see people saying they do use it? Id like to see some actual dyno results or some temp readings or something?

you seen this?

BBR 2.6 / 2.8 S/C Methanol Plate

alex12gt

Established Member
ive got a stage 2 roush kit from bbr goin on in a few weeks and have thought about meth but after talking with steve at bbr im going to hold off for a while

Chuck@Evolution

Established Member
Made 800 with 2.9 whipple and 100 shot no meth. Made 780 with KB 3.6 on stock Boss motor, no meth.

vteckiller2000

Add Lightness
Established Member
i am more concerned with making it live for a long while at 600+ whp than with peak numbers. Like I said I would like to trap in the mid-high 130's on pump gas and have it live and be daily drivable without worrying about building the motor all the time.

98ss88mm

Established Member
^^^ this

I mean I guess it would still vaproize and go into the motor just like anything else and provide the octane increase? Even if it doesnt provide an IAT decrease?

Turbosixx

Established Member
I researched this for a while. I find spraying methanol through the blower may not decrease intake temps enough to make it worth while. The added octane could make it worth it though.
After considering I need to get the tune adjusted for methanol, I decided against it. My car's current performance (10.6x@131 mph) on pump gas is enough to keep me happy. I'll just add race fuel with the small pulley if I want to go faster.

Last edited:

grnenvy

Established Member
There have been alot of guys over the years using Meth aspecially the Buick boys. It works great but it's also another part that can go bad and that can be catastrophic. Meth allows for a much more aggressive tune/timing thats where the pwr comes from. U will need to find a tuner that will spend the extra time tuning it for u. As for all the guys posting huge pwr numbers yeah thats with race gas and most of them are trailer and track queens. Most of them drive there pickup to work. True street cars are used everyday back and fourth to work.

Users who are viewing this thread