Who knows about Hummers?

Venix

Venomous Productions
Established Member
1936 chevy said:
I was just wondering what kind of work you do.
H1's are BAD A$$ :rockon: :rockon:
Well...there happend to be a big hurricane that hit reciently....and i dont just want a little truck to drive thought it while i am working down there. :thumbsup:

Lockdown

Established Member
Venix said:
if it has to do with dodge in any way shape or form....its not getitng near anything i own!!!

Whatever you do dont stick that 6.5L in their. TERRIBLE DESIGN. If you want to stick to chevy get the new duramaxes, or maybe a 7.3l PSD or the greatest of the 3 a 5.9L Cummins 6bt.

Venix

Venomous Productions
Established Member
Lockdown said:
Whatever you do dont stick that 6.5L in their. TERRIBLE DESIGN. If you want to stick to chevy get the new duramaxes, or maybe a 7.3l PSD or the greatest of the 3 a 5.9L Cummins 6bt.
Well, I could care less about performance in a hummer. It only goes 83mph to begin with, with 150hp. And like i said before, a cummins would not get near it. The only trucks i like to own with I6 motors are Simi's.

Also, i would not spend a bunch of money on it. I can get the 6.5L turbo motors ready to instal for $4500 with accesories. Why would i spend more money on something else that i would have to do modification just to get it to bolt in, and possibly have to replace the transmission.

All it has to do its start, and not stop unless i say to and im happy. I have cars to go fast, and i dont need to pull anything.

Last edited:

vicmaster

DOHC 32v 4 door rules!
Established Member
no problem, glad i could help. good luck with the truck though. even though i don't really like dodge, i love the cummins engine. i have a video on my computer somewhere of a mid 90's f-350 with a cummins 5.9 swap, aftermarket turbo and completely built with a lift kit, and 35" mud tires running 10.59 on the 1/4 mile...lol

vicmaster

DOHC 32v 4 door rules!
Established Member
hummer were, but someone brought up a cummins swap, and people are just giving their input.

Users who are viewing this thread