Votes: 35 49.3%
  • Dislike the new Mustang

Votes: 36 50.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

cobra4v

Hooked On SVT
Established Member
I don't like it yet. It will take time to get use to the new body design. I really like the looks of an sn95, it took me a while to like the new edge mustangs. So time will tell.

Last edited:

Shake&Bake

1998 Triple Black Cobra
Established Member
Too retro IMO...whats with Jay Mays - must everything he touches look retro?!?!

The Thunderbird was cool, retro with a touch of modern lines...the new mustang looks too much retro. My 2 cents.

Chris

NiteMareGT

Master Of Puppets
Established Member
I liked it ok, I sat in one the other day. The exterior I guess will have to grow on me, but I absolutely loved the interior. It seemed to hug the driver more, and surround me. The dash lights are nice, as you can change the color to match your likings, and when you get tired of one, you can change to something else. I liked the center console a bit better too, because it is higher, and the shifter is closer to you. The interior, as I just stated, is why I voted that I like the car, but the exterior will take me some time......

harry gilbert

Diehard Ford Fan
Established Member
Like the exterior (except for the mufflers visible at the rear), but do NOT like the retro interior and pitiful knee space in rear. Car needs to shed a lot of weight.

Rio

its huge! the sales guys down here pulled their 05 GT out of the showroom and pulled it up next to my car........it was really really tall.....they took some pics...i should have had my camera, oh well......

its really tall, and the rear sits up really high.....

i also feel like a little kid sitting in it...the dash is really high....

and trust me, im not little.....6'3"......

i liked the shifter placement tho :shrug:

Last edited by a moderator:

Raven

Shut Up and Hold On
Established Member
It's ok, but -

The Terminator is a much nicer looking car in my view. I like some things about the new one but when you look at the side profile, the '05 looks slabby and heavy where the Terminator looks proportioned and balanced. Plus, they both need some lowering but the '05 looks like it could be a 4WD as tall as it sits!

Give me an '03 or '04 Cobra and I'll be thrilled.:beer: Not saying I wouldn't take an '05 GT (black of course) but after giving it a lot of looks, I still like the Cobra better.
:beer:

CobraKindaGuy

Established Member
Originally posted by RJCobra
I wonder what the results would be among non-mustang owners.

or at least non-Cobra Mustang owners...its seems many Terminator folks (excluding myself and a handful of others) are developing the same "nose-in-air" attitude about the Terminator that many Vette owners have.

slythetove

Down the rabbit hole....
Established Member
Originally posted by CobraKindaGuy
or at least non-Cobra Mustang owners...its seems many Terminator folks (excluding myself and a handful of others) are developing the same "nose-in-air" attitude about the Terminator that many Vette owners have.

Just because people don't like the looks of the new Mustang doesn't mean they are wrong, or stuck up. Just because you like it doesn't mean you are wrong.

It would be better if you would stop trying to pretend that only what you think of the new style is "correct".

I don't like the new interior even more than I don't like the new exterior. I just don't like it. It's not because I own a Z06, or because I owned a Cobra, or a GT before that or a Honda Civic before that.

It's because I don't find the style appealing. I don't find it aesthetically pleasing. I don't care for the flat across dash. The flat door panels with stuck on speakers. I don't like the retro gauge numbering style. I think the seat leather material is a step forward, and I like that a lot.

That's my opinion.

You aren't better than anyone because you like it, nor am I better than you because I don't. Why can't you just accept that people are entitled to dislike the styling just as you are entitled to like it? You are far too stuck on labelling and stereotyping people who disagree with you.

Rio

Originally posted by slythetove
Just because people don't like the looks of the new Mustang doesn't mean they are wrong, or stuck up. Just because you like it doesn't mean you are wrong.

It would be better if you would stop trying to pretend that only what you think of the new style is "correct".

I don't like the new interior even more than I don't like the new exterior. I just don't like it. It's not because I own a Z06, or because I owned a Cobra, or a GT before that or a Honda Civic before that.

It's because I don't find the style appealing. I don't find it aesthetically pleasing. I don't care for the flat across dash. The flat door panels with stuck on speakers. I don't like the retro gauge numbering style. I think the seat leather material is a step forward, and I like that a lot.

That's my opinion.

You aren't better than anyone because you like it, nor am I better than you because I don't. Why can't you just accept that people are entitled to dislike the styling just as you are entitled to like it? You are far too stuck on labelling and stereotyping people who disagree with you.

perfectly said :)

everyone's opinions will differ.....

Users who are viewing this thread