who makes a quality rear seat delete?

danimal 95

Established Member
Since the installation of the roll bar my back seat is basically useless and very difficult to get back there and clean.Need to know who makes a very high quality rearseat delete.

hssss03

CobraPC Version 1.0
Established Member
I do. :rockon: cost me about $50 in supplies and turned out really nice. I had to build one myself because it kind of goes along with a new Cobra mod I also created. Vid is coming soon.

(For real now) Do a search on rear seat delete. I don't remember the exact address, but I think it something like %yellowmustang%. They have a pretty nice kit.

9cobra8

Established Member
Here are instructions to do it yourself:rockon:
Here's what you gotta do.

Go to the lumber yard and buy a sheet of plywood. The thickness is up to you. I used 3/8", but you could use 1/4 if you wanted to save some more weight, or 1/2 if you wanted it to be stronger.

Go to a stereo supply store and buy about 2 yards of automotive carpeting in the color of your choice. Its usually about 5 or 6 bucks a yard.

Go to the hardware store and buy a can of 3M spray adhesive. Don't buy the cheap stuff, get 3M. I heard a guy describe it one time as sticky enough to stick a fat woman to the side of a barn.

Find a big cardboard box and cut it so that it is one big sheet of cardboard. After taking out the rear seat, cut a piece of cardboard that is just a little bit bigger than the rear seat . Get in the car and start trimming your cardboard until it is exactly the shape that you need. Taaaadddaaahh. You now have a template.

Cut out the plywood using this template. Cut it a little bit big just to make sure that it is all covered. You can always trim a little off later. Keep trimming it until you have a perfect fit.

Spray the board with Spray adhesive and apply the carpet to it making sure to stretch the carpet out so that it is smooth on the board. Wrap it around all of the edges.

Figure out where you want to screw in the pieces and cut a small slice in the carpet at each place and spread it so that you can see the wood. Set the pieces in the car, and drill through the wood and the metal in the car making sure that the drill does not catch the carpet. Now run the screw through the holes. You can then pull the carpet back over the screw head so that its hidden.

Thats all there is too it. Once you have one of them made, you can use it as a template to cut out more all day long. If you have any friends that want one, now is the time to do it.

Dano

"Book 'em Dano"
Established Member
Last edited:

danimal 95

Established Member
THANKS GUYS AFTER READING ON HOW TO MAKE ONE ILL DO IT MYSELF AND DO A CUSTOM SPEAKER BOX IN THE BACK HALF AS WELL

Dano

"Book 'em Dano"
Established Member
Yeah Dan, when you make the vertical board, it would be an opportune time to install speakers on it ...

Dan

Users who are viewing this thread