Who makes the best radiator?

mizlplix

Established Member
Who makes the best radiator for a heavily modded Lightning? All I seem to find are those 2 row styles that "are good up to 600 HP".

Surely someone has designed or installed a good radiator....

Miz

Dusten

Established Member
Whats wrong with your stock one? There is zero reason to upgrade your radiator. Infact when I went built I went to a single core radiator. Truck never gets above 204* idling in traffic with a 195* thermostat.

I got mine from my local radiator shop.

mizlplix

Established Member
It is 15 years old.
It has plastic tanks.
I am building a new engine.

Seriously, I am from the age when radiators were all metal, copper/brass or aluminum just for 7 lbs of pressure. I have had other plastic engine parts fail.....thermostat housings, water crossovers, intake manifolds and more.
I am in Arizona where there is no such thing as too much radiator. (Plus the snob side says it does not match the rest of the engine bay.)

Thanks for at least answering.

Miz

Quewyn

Established Member
It is 15 years old.
It has plastic tanks.
I am building a new engine.

Seriously, I am from the age when radiators were all metal, copper/brass or aluminum just for 7 lbs of pressure. I have had other plastic engine parts fail.....thermostat housings, water crossovers, intake manifolds and more.
I am in Arizona where there is no such thing as too much radiator. (Plus the snob side says it does not match the rest of the engine bay.)

Thanks for at least answering.

Miz

Latemodel restoration sells a nice SVE radiator http://www.latemodelrestoration.com/item/SVE-8005L/SVE-Lightning-Aluminum-Radiator-99-04

jayk17

Established Member
Have you tried checking the LFP and Mishimoto radiators. I know they have for Lightning.

Users who are viewing this thread