Who makes the best throwout bearing?

SlowSVT

Established Member
I'm going to be installing a Cenerforce DXF clutch soon. I got a smoken deal from Lightning performance (thanks Jesse) and ordered a throwout bearing from them as well. I came in a Centerforce box but was wrapped in a paper stating it was an OEM bearing.

Now I'm looking at this thing and I did not seem to have any seals to hold the grease in there. Most TOB bearings I've seen seem to be of a much higher quality.

For grins I went to the local auto part store and had them pull a TOB for me. That one was worse then what I had. It had a plastic case! eeeek!

Are the stock bearing good to use of does someone make a higher quality TOB for the Cobra?

Thanks much

SlowSVT

Established Member
Badboy

I've already done that. After searching a few Mustang forums and from the lack of response on this post I have reached the conclusion that we are stuck with the stock throw out bearing and no high quality unit is available.

much saddness :??:

delmarsteelers

Established Member
I feel your pain i think i am gettign ready to change mine for the second time and my car only has 16000 miles...............................

blackvenom77

killer cobra
Established Member
I know what you mean man. I ordered my clutch kit from Lethal P. and it came with a free TOB. Now that I look at it doesn't look like the one on there site. I guess you get what you pay for! :shrug:

Last edited:

SoCalHarley

SC32VGT
Established Member
The Valeo bearing is the one that D&D sells as their Heavy Duty unit. I have been told this is better than the OEM one and the one I recently used when insatlling the new T-56.

SublimeRT

'94 Slooowbraa
Established Member
How's the Centerforce one that you can order seperately? I had a Centerforce clutch, flywheel, and TOB on my old car and they were all nice pieces.

Users who are viewing this thread