who makes the focused headlamp module

gehoben

Established Member
i wanted to put HID lights in but since we have only one lamp (high and low) i wanted to put in the headlt unit that incorporates both High and Low as separate. who makes one

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
APC and I think one or two other companies made a "projector beam" headlight for the 94-98 body style. The High Beam was an open bulb, and the Low Beam sat behind a projector lense of sorts. They used both 9005 and 9006 bulbs.

I had a set of these on my 98, and they were pretty much junk. The Highs were nice, but you couldnt see jack with the lows. I even had the expensive PIAA Ultrawhite bulbs in both the high and low beams.

Not sure who makes em for the 99-03 body style, if at all. Theres a post on the Corral about HIDs, and a few guys are using them with the stock headlights with seemingly good results. I would like to find out more info as I am also interested in a set.

gehoben

Established Member
hid's

Nah...i put the hid's in the stock assembly and for one the loss of high beam was a bummer.....as whenever i forgot and put on highs lights would go dark. a bit of a danger and #2 those aftermarket ballasts kept blowing out on me. I wish Ford would offer the HID's as an option or standard!

Users who are viewing this thread