Who might sell their Boss for a 2015

86Fbody

Established Member
Will the red key be offered with the 2015 GT as it is now with the 2014 GT????

I don't know how to write it in a non-snide way, but is that one of the things that concerns you? I could see them doing it with the motor changes bringing the Boss and GT closer together if not making it the same motor.

Rdrcr

Established Member
There's no way your "friend" got a 2014 GT with a track pack for $26k.

Really?

A 2014 GT with track pack MSRP's for $33,190. Get the dealer to discount the MSRP price by 10% and then take advantage of Ford's incentives which are roughly $4K. Done. I did it with my 2013.

A friend of mine, got the same deal on his 2014, from the same dealer.

Edit: On to the OP's question...

I understand your reasoning but, I'd keep your Boss.

Mike

Last edited:

86Fbody

Established Member

Mike

It sounds kind if silly to say it after opening the discussion the way I did, but I will be keeping the car. I don't have the money to try and sell it and this car also holds a lot of memories. This was more just a discussion to see if it was on anyone's mind, it would help to if Ford came out with the specs.

12C/OBoss

Established Member
The S550 also has larger cams and different heads than the current Coyote. I read somewhere they are not Roadrunner heads and cams, but were designed off of the Roadrunner program. I would personally estimate power at 450/395 at the motor. We will see the official figures soon enough. Dave himself stated that the performance goals for the S550 GT V8 were to "Beat" the Boss 302 around a track. And they did according to him.

I loved my Boss and yet I am also excited about this new era of Mustangs.

So to answer the OP...NO, I would not sell my Boss to buy a S550. Bit sonce I already sold mine... I will either find a used 12' again or the next S550 performance edition ala Cobra

jymboslice

Rookie
Established Member
I don't know who in their right mind would sell their boss for a 15 GT.

All the 2015 mustang v8 has, that is decent, are the FGT style switches, the heads, valvetrain, and the rotating assembly. All of which can be bought and installed in a previous year mustang. You can even put in better parts than those.

IRS is going to be a fail. How will it not wheel hop? The live axle wheel hops with 412 fwhp. How will they not wheel hop at 450+fwhp? Plus, I seriously doubt they will be able to handle big power like a SRA will. They will be as fragile as the IRS' in the 99-04 cobra's.

86Fbody

Established Member
I don't know who in their right mind would sell their boss for a 15 GT.

All the 2015 mustang v8 has, that is decent, are the FGT style switches, the heads, valvetrain, and the rotating assembly. All of which can be bought and installed in a previous year mustang. You can even put in better parts than those.

You kind of just proved my point that other then the special VIN plate on the intake you can buy everything else to make your own Boss. Sure you couldn't really pas your GT clone off as the real thing but why not make a GT as, if not more, capable as a track car.

IRS is going to be a fail. How will it not wheel hop? The live axle wheel hops with 412 fwhp. How will they not wheel hop at 450+fwhp? Plus, I seriously doubt they will be able to handle big power like a SRA will. They will be as fragile as the IRS' in the 99-04 cobra's.

I am more interested in the IRS as a track feature, not a strip feature. And yet somehow every car except the mustang is able to quell their current IRS issues.

Last edited:

nosympathy

Boss 302
Established Member

Still agree with this...

jymboslice

Rookie
Established Member

Korbin_Dallas

Established Member
Really?

A 2014 GT with track pack MSRP's for $33,190. Get the dealer to discount the MSRP price by 10% and then take advantage of Ford's incentives which are roughly $4K. Done. I did it with my 2013.

A friend of mine, got the same deal on his 2014, from the same dealer.

Mike
$29690 is a still a ways away from $26k. I'd like to know where this secret dealer is.

DA BOSS 13

Established Member
I easily got 10% off my '13 BOSS, I paid $41.025. for that car. I personally don't like the looks of the '15. But what do I know, I'm 57 years old. I prefer the sharper lines of the '12 -'13 -'14. I'm keeping mine, and passing it down to my sons. I'ts just an awesome driving car!

Para81

Established Member
I only buy sports cars/muscle cars with classic designs. If I wanted a 2015 Mustang I would buy a better looking and sleeker new Audi instead. It's clear the new one is intended for the European market and personally I like having not only a Boss which is extremely rare in the United States, but is damn near impossible to get overseas.

Dizzyscure1

Established Member
I only buy sports cars/muscle cars with classic designs. If I wanted a 2015 Mustang I would buy a better looking and sleeker new Audi instead. It's clear the new one is intended for the European market and personally I like having not only a Boss which is extremely rare in the United States, but is damn near impossible to get overseas.

Yes sir! ;) as much as I loved my 12 GT the 13 Boss is just that much better in all ways.

86Fbody

Established Member
I guess the next question is, who tracks there Boss, being that that was the reason for me even considering the new mustang over my current one.

LostPony

Established Member
I track mine, and will be doing time trials in it next year. I'm keeping mine. I know this car, and will only get to know it more the longer I keep it and drive it at the limit. It is a special car, even if I can't quantify the "specialness" of it. With that said, I will be in the market to add an S550.

First will be a 2.3L Ecoboost with 6 spd auto and the rumored track pack for my wife. She tracks about once a year, and an auto makes more sense day to day. Plus it has paddle shift and rev match. What's not to like?

Second, a Mach 1 for me when the current Boss is paid off. I am not looking for another track toy, just a nice powerful cruiser that handles good. The Boss is a bit tiring on long trips, and my wife is a bit short(5"1") and hits her head on the plastic inserts in the Recaro seat back.

I think the Boss 302 will take a hit in value when the new car hits the dealers. The reason the 03-04 Cobra didn't was because to buy anything that outperformed it you had to step up to a GT500 before the 5.0 came out. Even then, it's a drivers race in a straight line with a 5.0. I really don't want to start arguments about all the other aspects of that debate, so let's just leave it at that. If a GT can out run the Boss, and starts in the mid 30's, we will see prices drop on Boss cars into the 20's, but I think it will stay there as long as it is in good condition.

As for the IRS, it's here. Deal with it. It also isn't going to go away. I and 90% of all Mustang owners (who by the way don't post on forums) welcome it for the improved ride and handling. I give it 6 months before the issues are exposed, and the aftermarket finds a way to fix it. In another 6 months, there will be someone offering a bolt in 9" kit for the real drag racers. Heck, Ford may already have one ready to go at launch developed for the Cobra Jet if they continue that program.

And if you don't wanna spend for a live axle, then you ain't a real drag racer that needs to worry about having one. Instead you're just an internet whiner that wants to complain for the sake of complaining.

germeezy1

Established Member
Not all IRS cars have extensive wheel hop. Even my heavy SRT8 with an IRS does not wheel hop in most situations.

Users who are viewing this thread