Who owns this Mach1? Thinking of buying..

ZeroFear

Banned
I found this Mach1 on autotrader. It is heavily modded and I would guess the owner has been here at least once. Am thinking of buying if I can get the price down to a steal.

Right now its at 21000, but could prolly talk down to 17K if there desperate to get rid of a heavily modded car in the middle of winter.

Here is the auto-trader link.

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.j...ors=&transmission=Manual&max_price=&cardist=3

What do you guys think? Assuming all the mods check out and a call to the supposed tuner shop brings positive info.

GetBlown2k3

Established Member
I might be the only one, but I say don't do it. I'd never buy a highly modified car like that, you have no idea how the owner treated it, how many problems or issues its had. For all you know it could have been launched at the track 20 dozen times, 20k miles of WOT runs, horrible tune - running lean, detonating, pinging... who knows. To me it just seems like a headache, and I've done that before and it bit me in the ass. The car was pre-ruined and blown up, they just needed a sucker to buy it.

I'm sure you could say "yeah but any Mach 1 owner could do that with even a bone stock Mach 1" but the fact is bone stock these cars aren't pushing the threshold of what the motor and tranny can handle.

I just watched a guy get suckered into a Whippled Lightning that was in "mint condition" running on 7 cylinders and barely able to drive....

Last edited:

Mach1USMC

SVT Powered
Established Member
I might be the only one, but I say don't do it. I'd never buy a highly modified car like that, you have no idea how the owner treated it, how many problems or issues its had. For all you know it could have been launched at the track 20 dozen times, 20k miles of WOT runs, horrible tune - running lean, detonating, pinging... who knows. To me it just seems like a headache, and I've done that before and it bit me in the ass. The car was pre-ruined and blown up, they just needed a sucker to buy it.

I'm sure you could say "yeah but any Mach 1 owner could do that with even a bone stock Mach 1" but the fact is bone stock these cars aren't pushing the threshold of what the motor and tranny can handle.

I just watched a guy get suckered into a Whippled Lightning that was in "mint condition" running on 7 cylinders and barely able to drive....

Sorry you got "bit" but that's not always the case. The modded Cobra I bought was done the right way and maintained properly- I loved it. But to each their own. I'm not saying to not be careful but just because a cars been modded doesn't make it bad from the get go- plenty of people beat the piss out of their STOCK cars. So basically you take a chance when you by ANYTHING used.

Dynotune04

The Turtle
Established Member
i will vouch for the tune. dez racing does awesome work. he tuned my old gt and he will be tunning my cobra before spring time.

GetBlown2k3

Established Member
plenty of people beat the piss out of their STOCK cars.

That's exactly what I talked about in my post, yeah, people beat the piss out of both stock cars and modified cars, but it's a lot easier to destroy a car that's highly modified to it's limits than to destroy a car that is stock by beating the piss out of it.

But yes, like you said there are plenty of highly modified cars that were properly cared for and maintained, just from my point of view it's not worth risking $20k. That's just my opinion though.

Mach1USMC

SVT Powered
Established Member
That's exactly what I talked about in my post, yeah, people beat the piss out of both stock cars and modified cars, but it's a lot easier to destroy a car that's highly modified to it's limits than to destroy a car that is stock by beating the piss out of it.

But yes, like you said there are plenty of highly modified cars that were properly cared for and maintained, just from my point of view it's not worth risking $20k. That's just my opinion though.

Yup- to each their own.

You have to be careful too. When I bought my Cobra it basically had every bolt on without swapping superchargers. Pullied, full exhaust, RAI, tuned, etc. 475 RWHP and 12,500 miles on the clock. I took it to a mechanic first and had everything checked VERY carefully. IMO if you buy a used car w/o it being checked by a legit mechanic on a lift w/ diagnostic equipment AND running a CARFAX- you're a dumbass....

If it was me and I had this car checked out and everything was good to go I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

Users who are viewing this thread