Who Road Races?

vortechlx

Join My 8 Week Program
Established Member
I just wanted to see how many people actually race through the twists and turns. I hear a lot of people in large part the sport compact crowd say that they can burn cars on a road course, but I know I could care less about that its all about the quarter mile to me. Has anyone done any closed track or gone out on a winding road and raced someone? Just wondering if it happens cuz if it only does on rare occassions then that arguement is pointless. Just wondering?:shrug:

Aquaman

Established Member
I log about 4K road course miles a year, give or take a thousand from year to year.

The CRX's, Civics, TEG's etc...are sometimes fast on a short tight course but still not as fast as the pony cars and well behind the true sports cars.

frdmstnggt

Mine: Audi, Yours: Innie
Established Member
I road race through the New England area in what we call "the sticks of N/E". Ever go through southern N/H?? Most of the road you can only go 35MPH around the corners in an "everyday car". I, personally, have out-done all of my friends w/ their "Sooped-up" sport compacts, and many other types of vehicles in my 99 GT. On average a year on road coarse???? about 1,500mi.

vortechlx

Join My 8 Week Program
Established Member
Ive never been to N.H. Glad to hear you are beating those cars. I dont think I'll ever be into road racing myself im a straight liner, but I know flying around corners and letting those big meats grab is pretty fun sometimes! I knew guys raced the tracks, but had never heard of anyone actually getting called out and doing it on a backroad or anything. I thought it was mostly talk.

NyteByte

Pro-Freedom
Established Member
I raced a riced up Prelude through a private road course a few years ago in my 99 GT. I wasted him beyond belief.

All that talk from ricers about being able to waste Mustang's in the twisties is all BS.

A regular Mustang GT can stick to the road just as well or better than most rice mobiles. I'd imagine a Cobra could do better.

SnkBtn99

Speeding bullet!!
Established Member
Love ORCs .... Have a great video of me at IRP this year ... Will have to post it when i can get it DL'd.

TrophyCar

2wheels are better than 4
Established Member
I'd never admit to racing around town on the curvy roads, but I can tell you it happens. Other than that, I race in AutoX and that is a blast!!! By Saturday I'll have put 19,000 miles on my Altima in 1yr and 7 weeks.

chrisle7220

Established Member
Ive been with my friend to a few autocross events and most of the sport compact cars seem to take it over a mustang gt or ls1. The only american car that would own in a road course is a z06. Not saying our cobras cant do it, but ive been in an EVO, and boy do those things handle. I am damn sure an EVO would smoke me in a road course. But im all about the 1/4mile, so i could care less about the twisties.

vortechlx

Join My 8 Week Program
Established Member
Originally posted by TrophyCar
I'd never admit to racing around town on the curvy roads, but I can tell you it happens. Other than that, I race in AutoX and that is a blast!!! By Saturday I'll have put 19,000 miles on my Altima in 1yr and 7 weeks.

Jennifer, 19k in little over a year you must have a long commute? Every race Ive ever been in or around was legal too!;-)

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
I used to be all about the 1/4mile until I went to a open track day a couple years ago. As far as the sport compacts, They are touge on a autocross with tight turns and hardly no straights, But stretch them out and it's pretty much all over. I lap day my 96 on both our 5 turn 1/2 mile and our local 1.8mile 14 turn course and unless they are highly modded, it's almost no contest. Unless you get up against say a STI on race rubber and your on street tires.

SHOspazz92

Established Member
Originally posted by frdmstnggt
I road race through the New England area in what we call "the sticks of N/E". Ever go through southern N/H?? Most of the road you can only go 35MPH around the corners in an "everyday car". I, personally, have out-done all of my friends w/ their "Sooped-up" sport compacts, and many other types of vehicles in my 99 GT. On average a year on road coarse???? about 1,500mi.
You ever run in to a fully cadged Black 1989 Taurus SHO On the track?

Users who are viewing this thread