Who should I buy from

01blkL

Established Member
Who should I buy parts from? I live in michigan. I will do some of the work my self. Thats the fun part of it. I leaning towards JDM. But I think they get a lot of credit on this site because they have there own forum????..... Any help would be great. I have a 01 L.

BTW How do I figure out which nimber my truck is. I bought it at the begining of the month.?

2FAST4U

I'll Be Back!!!
Established Member
In the lightning world you have three choices. PSP, JDM, and Johnny Lightning. All three are good and will get you where you want to be.

I am a little bias for personal reasons, but it is best that you pick one that you like best. Sometimes these type threads can turn NASTY real quick, so I am telling you that it will have to be your educated decision.

hdmlnium

Established Member
I am pretty much with Kyle on this one, Any of the top three would be all good choices, It is just going to have to be up to you. I have purchased from all of the top three, no problems with any, atleast for me. I decided to run JDM because in my opinion they are the best, the others are close but just not quite there. JDM,JDM,JDM,JDM,JDM...:D I'm trying to hypnotize you, did it work?

Bill

01blkL

Established Member
Thanks for your help. If I could get some more inputfrom others. JDM is just a pretty far drive to get my chip progamed......

JJ's SVT

Banned
You are an amazing hypnotist Bill.. One of my dogs read what you wrote and he is asking me for a cold air kit for his dog house. LOL

You cant go wrong with whoever you buy from, just do some research and ask questions and most importantly go to the local track and see what a particular truck is running and check out what their mods look like and how they perform.

"Let the mods begin!!" JJ

Larry

Um, 12.46 @107 1.73 60' (99 Red Lightning)

Mods:
Upper pulley 2lb.
JL Ram air scoop
90mm MAF (JDM)
single blade Throttle Body(JDM)
5" aluminum driveshaft(JDM)
Shaft loop(JL)
Level Ten shift kit
Precision Industries Convertor
Performance automatic trans pan
Electric fan(PSP)
M/T et streets 26x11.5x16

You can buy from all three, I prefer JDM products, he is a perfectionist.
You don't really need to drive to NJ or NY or PA unless you need or want the best possible tune for your truck, I didn't and I ran 12.46 I did send a JDM chip back for some custom shifting work and torque lockup timing to JDM and it was perfect when I got it back and then I ran 12.7's and my 12.46
weandog

noelvm

Established Member
Buy two chips. Initially this may sound wasteful, but I know lots of people with 3 or 4 chips. Unless you are going to add all your mods all at once you will need reburns. In fact, you will probably need reburns anyway. All trucks seem to have their own little characteristics. With two chips you can send one off to be reprogramed and drive with the other. JDMs chip is faster than PSPs, a personal observation. JDMs fan kit is two speed and PSPs is one speed. Lower Pulleys are different, make your own decision.
noelvm

Users who are viewing this thread