Who thinks the GT500's value will SKYROCKET when Carroll Shelby dies...?

drmustang

Banned
Ry_Trapp0 said:
in the dealers opinion, hell yes it will sky rocket! but to the consumer, i dont think it will mean too much.

Educating yourself through the words of a car salesman is like taking an ethics lesson from a street whore.

awax_cobrastang

Acura Performance B!TCHES
Established Member
Delaware (formerly mass-pats fan for life)
This thread is stupid, u guys fail to realize that the future is already here. in the next 10-15 years gas will be a thing of the past we will all be driven around by cars let do all the work themselves. as of right now there are already 5 cars let can determine when to speed up and when to slow down when cruise control is on. all your have to do is steer. some can even park themselves. its sad when u watch movies like irobot and minority report when the people dont even get to drive there cars. i think it is such a thrill but everyone wants to be catered too, and there are alot more people out there who could care less about how fast u go, just to not have to drive.

07shelbyguy

Established Member
awax_cobrastang said:
This thread is stupid, u guys fail to realize that the future is already here. in the next 10-15 years gas will be a thing of the past we will all be driven around by cars let do all the work themselves. as of right now there are already 5 cars let can determine when to speed up and when to slow down when cruise control is on. all your have to do is steer. some can even park themselves. its sad when u watch movies like irobot and minority report when the people dont even get to drive there cars. i think it is such a thrill but everyone wants to be catered too, and there are alot more people out there who could care less about how fast u go, just to not have to drive.

Is this guy from the furture?? :lol:

1 bad bullitt

Do'in it in the dirt
Established Member
Vandenberg Air Force Base, California, United Stat
Were'nt we supposed to have flying cars by now anyway! All land based homosapien movers should be put out to pasture by 2010. Everything will run on hydrogen and have 0 emisions. ....oh wait, cars are more powerful than ever right now, bikes are more powerful and lighter than ever, who would have ever though we would have it so good, remember the days of charcoal canisters and cross fire injection, the late 70's and eighties were really sad.

bubbrubb

^well, I hope you didn't order a shelby, that thing (as much as I love it, and can't wait for it) weighs too much for even the dukes of hazzard to get it off the ground :lol:

sorry, there is a point where reality sets in, and its in my personality to make fun of it

ShockTherapy

Established Member
His death would have no effect on the value. Also, for those wanting to buy a GT 500 for MSRP or less, wait about a year, and you can probably buy one on X plan.

IMHO the reason they are so inflated in price right now is people wanting to have the first ones. Prices will settle down eventually and they will start going down in price just like the Ford GT's did. You can buy one of those for MSRP now, when people were paying $100k+ over sticker at some points just to get their hands on one.

2k1cobra

Established Member
:rockon:
04MystiCobra said:
I do like that idea! So many blown Stangs running the streets. :pepper: :banana:
+1 an LS1's worst nightmare a GT500 & a Terminator. :rockon:

CWCobra

Established Member
Does anybody really expect Ford to stop pasting Shelby's name to the back of its cars when Mr. Shelby dies? Let's get real here; Shelby will have exactly the same involvement with the Mustang after his demise as he did before: zero.

CW

Users who are viewing this thread