Who wants a real tune?... from Greg at Racers Edge Tuning!

1fast99z

Established Member
Sorry I can't give them a shot when it comes to tuning, I'm not going to take that chance! I will stick with a tried and true mustang tuner. The only way I would go with them is if I had in writing, if the motor blew they would fix it. There's no way my brand new car is going to be a learning tool.

HEMI LOL

Twin Screwed
Established Member
Sorry I can't give them a shot when it comes to tuning, I'm not going to take that chance! I will stick with a tried and true mustang tuner. The only way I would go with them is if I had in writing, if the motor blew they would fix it. There's no way my brand new car is going to be a learning tool.

will ANY tuner do that?

Dusten

Established Member
will ANY tuner do that?

did he say he required that from any tuner, or from TMS? Some tuners have a stellar rep, TMS doesn't. That said, Marc is stepping up in matts case, and im sure seeing that will help some people make their way to TMS.

HEMI LOL

Twin Screwed
Established Member
did he say he required that from any tuner, or from TMS? Some tuners have a stellar rep, TMS doesn't. That said, Marc is stepping up in matts case, and im sure seeing that will help some people make their way to TMS.

just to be clear here, matts tune was not the root of his problem.

Dusten

Established Member
just to be clear here, matts tune was not the root of his problem.

Where did I say that here? And we disagree there, to an extent. But I will leave it at that. At this point, nothing said about past events will help matt get the car running.

cl0wnd0wn

4V FTW!
Established Member
sorry i can't give them a shot when it comes to tuning, i'm not going to take that chance! I will stick with a tried and true mustang tuner. The only way i would go with them is if i had in writing, if the motor blew they would fix it. There's no way my brand new car is going to be a learning tool.

+1

Co-brat

FNG
Established Member
Please guys... this isnt really a discussion on whos who here. We all have our opinions and some dont have a problem with the tuners in the area and some do, and im not naming any one person or shop in particular. I am just doing this for the guys that feel that they would like to have their cars tweaked by somebody who has a rock solid reputation and EXPERIENCE tuning these cars. I have always heard great things about RET and it seems that everyone that brings their cars to Greg is a very satisfied customer, Id like to be one of them.

T800

Established Member
Please guys... this isnt really a discussion on whos who here. We all have our opinions and some dont have a problem with the tuners in the area and some do, and im not naming any one person or shop in particular. I am just doing this for the guys that feel that they would like to have their cars tweaked by somebody who has a rock solid reputation and EXPERIENCE tuning these cars. I have always heard great things about RET and it seems that everyone that brings their cars to Greg is a very satisfied customer, Id like to be one of them.

Agreed. I am 100% for having Greg come up and reap the benefits of his tuning in person.

But, if this deal falls through, I will get a remote tune from one of many VERY reputable tuners. This is 2012 folks, having the guy in person is a luxury...not a necessity. As has been said already, I don't want my car to be someone's learning tool...I plain can't afford it.

Let's try to get this thread back on track with the OP's original intent. Who is in on this?

I am.

Co-brat

FNG
Established Member
So thos is the latest e-mail I have recieved from Greg:

"Once I tune the car I will have a solid file If they need any adjustments. Adjustments later would be no charge to email the files.

I would leave it up to you to collect the payments up front. I wouldn't need the money from you until I arrive. If they pay with a credit card, then I would have to take the payment over the phone before I arrive.

I can tune GM as well. I use HP Tuner for that.

No I don't use Diablo."

So pretty soon im going to start a new thread here once I finalize a date and a confimed shop. This new thread will be the "OFFICIAL" sign up thread. It will have all the details including the location, date, and cost(s). I am expecting that anyone who signs on take this seriously and is dedicated so we can make this a success. It would really be a privlage to have our cars tuned by a ln expert mustang tuner that you can feel safe with.

T800

Established Member
So thos is the latest e-mail I have recieved from Greg:

"Once I tune the car I will have a solid file If they need any adjustments. Adjustments later would be no charge to email the files."

This is what I was hoping to be the case...good news.

Qwk GT

Established Member
I'll do it. Gives me some time to get the car ready. If he comes too soon maybe I'll just pulley and tune it. At least that way if I do more he'll be familiar/have info and can look into mail order tunes or remote tuning.

Most I'll be tuning is a ported setup. I know I could probably do mail order for a small combo but I'd rather have someone doing it in front of me.

So is it 500 plus split dyno time plus flight, or just 500 plus the dyno time.

I'd also prefer TMS. Its John's old dyno and I'm just familiar with it I guess.

Last edited:

Co-brat

FNG
Established Member
I'll do it. Gives me some time to get the car ready. If he comes too soon maybe I'll just pulley and tune it. At least that way if I do more he'll be familiar/have info and can look into mail order tunes or remote tuning.

Most I'll be tuning is a ported setup. I know I could probably do mail order for a small combo but I'd rather have someone doing it in front of me.

So is it 500 plus split dyno time plus flight, or just 500 plus the dyno time.

I'd also prefer TMS. Its John's old dyno and I'm just familiar with it I guess.

Yeah $500 per tune + divided cost of time on the dyno. I think that whatever shop we end up going with wil just charge us a flat rate for the whole days use and Greg said its generally something like $500. Whatever it ends up being I should know before hand so I can onclude it in the new thread and then everyone will know where they stand. He has said nothing about paying for the flight at all so I think thats covered by him but dont quote me on that, but I think we can buy the guy lunch / dinner of his choice to show or gratitude:thumbsup:

I think it will be a pretty slim chance that it will be at TMS just to avoid conflict. Right now ive got a place in Auburn that said they would do it and im in the middle of negotiating with Turbo Technologies in Tacoma which is where I believe would be the best option for us.

Im also looking at setting the date for either the last weekend or the second to last weekend of June to give everyone some time... cause I know I need it as well haha.

Last edited:

Co-brat

FNG
Established Member
Update:

So Turbo Technologies is out. They wanted $1500 for 10 hrs. And a full days use of the dyno. Im sorry but Im alrady paying $500 for the tune alone and cant afford another $300/person for dyno rental so I still have a couple more places to call and hear back from.

Oh Im shooting for these dates just so everyone knows.
Fri. June 22nd/ sat. 23rd or
Fri. June 29th / sat. 30th

Last edited:

Dusten

Established Member
I know its awful far north, but before TMS offered up the dyno Marysville Speed and custom offered their dyno for 100 an hour. TMS offered a similar deal of $90 and hour. I have yet to find a shop local that would give me a flat rate for the day. I like the hourly rate because if my tune takes 2 hours and yours takes 5 why should be pay the same fee for dyno time?

Qwk GT

Established Member
Update:

So Turbo Technologies is out. They wanted $1500 for 10 hrs. And a full days use of the dyno. Im sorry but Im alrady paying $500 for the tune alone and cant afford another $300/person for dyno rental so I still have a couple more places to call and hear back from.

Oh Im shooting for these dates just so everyone knows.
Fri. June 22nd/ sat. 23rd or
Fri. June 29th / sat. 30th

Wow thats expensive. Keep us posted. What other dyno's/shops were you considering?

Dates sound good to me. Keep us posted.

Last edited:

Co-brat

FNG
Established Member
Im still waiting to talk to Drift Office about it a little more and I know a guy named Eric in Enumclaw that has a Mustang dyno at his shop and im going to ask him if he would be willing to let us use it for a day. He was originally going to tune my car but does not have SCT software and wasnt planning on buying it because he primarily tunes GM cars but hes a cool guy and really knowledgeable about tuning.

I know Enumclaw is a little out there for some but would going there for a tune for a day really be a problem for anybody? I think it would be worth it myself. Hopefully Greg wont have a problem coming out to the BFE for a day lol.

Co-brat

FNG
Established Member
I like the hourly rate because if my tune takes 2 hours and yours takes 5 why should be pay the same fee for dyno time?

This is true. I was kind of feeling the same way but as far as I know people arent going to be bringing out anything over the top complicated like twin turbo setups or anything like that but ya never know. I might just breakdown and call TMS and see if they will do it but im leaving that as my last resort for now.

As soon as I get a shop and a date locked down and coordiante with Greg on it I will be making the new thread and hope we will be able to pull the five cars we need together and hopefully everyone that says they want to do it will stay committed to it.

Users who are viewing this thread