Who Will Win? 08 GSXR 1000 VS 04 TT Cobra

RussZTT

Established Member
Oh dude, sorry to tell you but turn in that bike in trade for a bicycle (with trainning wheels):banana:... Back in 2004 when I was still in the bike scene a stock liter GSXR would go to 95mph in first gear.... I doubt the gearing ratios have changed that much for an 08 not to be able to be right up there too....

*OP, your chances would get a lot better doing a 80-160+....

Trust me I know from personal experience in both worlds...

Good luck and post vids:beer:
$100 bucks says I can run circles around you on the track :). Also, if my 03 could do 95mph in 1st gear then I wouldn't need to change gears in most of the turns since I stay above 9K 95% of the time. I've had my 1K since early 2004, im pretty sure by now I know the bike pretty well. Even playing on the street I'll put it in 2nd around 75mph right at 9K or so just to do a power wheelie.

Anyway, to the OP. Put more down to the ground and hook before you can stay even or pull on a 1K ;)

Last edited:

JasonW

2xScrewed Vert
Established Member
$100 bucks says I can run circles around you on the track :). Also, if my 03 could do 95mph in 1st gear then I wouldn't need to change gears in most of the turns since I stay above 9K 95% of the time. I've had my 1K since early 2004, im pretty sure by now I know the bike pretty well. Even playing on the street I'll put it in 2nd around 75mph right at 9K or so just to do a power wheelie.

Anyway, to the OP. Put more down to the ground and hook before you can stay even or pull on a 1K ;)

hop on an 05 and up. as for that $100 bet, I'll take you up on that if you ever make it to texas :beer:

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member

I tell you what, I havent ridden a bike since late 2004-early 2005 but Ill take your track bet if we make another bet for a $100 that you will never be at the level of stunnting that I stopped at.... :beer:

Im telling you facts: I had a 954RR and i did 75mph in 1st and rode my buddies GSXR 1000 and it did 95mph in 1st... both bone stock right before they hit the limiter..... :thumbsup:

RussZTT

Established Member
I tell you what, I havent ridden a bike since late 2004-early 2005 but Ill take your track bet if we make another bet for a $100 that you will never be at the level of stunnting that I stopped at.... :beer:

Im telling you facts: I had a 954RR and i did 75mph in 1st and rode my buddies GSXR 1000 and it did 95mph in 1st... both bone stock right before they hit the limiter..... :thumbsup:
Ha, I don't stunt, I'd rather take the bikes to their fullest. However, I have done a 60mph stoppie before, scared the shit out of me and never did it again. :lol: I just have never had an interest in stunting them.

ace23

Established Member
The bike is going to take you down. The 07-08 GSXR liter motors have INCREDIBLE power just about anywhere throughout their RPM range....if your friend can truly ride its a waste of gas for you unless your running around 1000RWHP I would guess. Good luck though it will make a cool video

69gt4speed

Svt God of All
Established Member
If yours does good on a dig do that too. I beat a 07 1k kaw on a dig run it's on youtube. I prob got 550 whp and 600 tq. It was by half a fender. At 45 a 1k suzki newer one let me in the dust, -1 tooth, pipe for sure. On dig really takes a skilled guy to keep it down w/o strapped forks and stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread