Who will win ?

TheFuture

Established Member
Two of my friends are racing. Who will win?
Asked this ? earlier but i got more specifis

One friend has a a 02 ss with Ls6 camm and borla, gutted cats, stock heads and the other has a Mach 1 x-pipe, deleted cats, borla cat back and 4.30 gears. Both cars are manual both and both on street tires. The race is for $500

who will win from stop and who will win from a roll ?

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Originally posted by TheFuture
Two of my friends are racing. Who will win?
Asked this ? earlier but i got more specifis

One friend has a a 02 ss with Ls6 camm and borla, gutted cats, stock heads and the other has a Mach 1 x-pipe, deleted cats, borla cat back and 4.30 gears. Both cars are manual both and both on street tires. The race is for $500

who will win from stop and who will win from a roll ?

the mach 1 can take him in the 1/4. i think the ss will beat the mach 1 up top though. what mph are they racing to from the roll?

should be close. whoever makes the fewest mistakes in the drivers seat should win. keep us updated on the results.

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
An SS with Cams is not simple bolt on's. That can take the car into the 12's with the other mods u mentioned. Seen them at the track & they have no problems launching them into a good ET.

Well thats granted they were telling me the truth in the mods they had.

Mach1 is nice & seen it perform @ the track but gears would only net u possible .2tenths of a sec down 1320' so its not enough...IMO.

N20D5OH

Established Member
If the LS1 is cammed I'm going with the LS1 from a roll for sure. From a stop depends on the drivers. The LS1 should win though. Cammed LS1's with other bolt ons are capable of 11 second slips with 400+ rwhp.

Toplesss

Established Member
The LS1 is gonna pull away pretty good. I am assuming the LS1 has a lid, and the other popular bolt on's, if someone has gone as far as to put a cam in it. A buddy of mine has a 00' Z28, with less mods than this SS and traps 113mph. He has mentioned to me that his next mod is gonna be a cam because it is a 30+ rwhp mod. All in all the SS is gonna walk.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Originally posted by Poisonous Mods
An SS with Cams is not simple bolt on's. That can take the car into the 12's with the other mods u mentioned. Seen them at the track & they have no problems launching them into a good ET.

Well thats granted they were telling me the truth in the mods they had.

Mach1 is nice & seen it perform @ the track but gears would only net u possible .2tenths of a sec down 1320' so its not enough...IMO.

i agree that the ls1 is a 12 .4-12.5 sec car with a cam and will have a higher trap.
sorry just reread both will be on street tires. the mach 1 needs sticky tires to compete. i have also seen time slips of a 4:30 geared and tires, mach 1 pull off 12.5 as well.

heck there is a video of mach 1 with those mods and other bolt ons going 11.8

the mach 1 has less room for error because of his lack of horsepower but he can still compete in the 1/4 mile. from the roll the ls1 wins going away.:rockon:

Last edited:

stang99

I was at LACR tonight and I saw a Mach go 17's. There was another that got into the 14's. They both had no plates and wee new, so I assume that they were taking it easy, since I saw an almost stock Mach go 13.8x at LACR. There are starting to be more Mach's at the strip so maybe I will be able to figure out how fast they are stock one of these days.

I forgot. The Chevy will win easily.

stang99

Yah, 500 miles is plenty to go racing. Once the rings seat in about the first 10 minutes, there is no reason not to hit the track. Still, a careful break in can't hurt, or can it? 13.8 at LACR for a stock Mach is cooking. That 4 valve is a strong running little V-8.

Pewter02TA

Established Member
The ls1 is in the bottom 12s as long as he can hook, but the cam is just a top end cam and the car is not producing 400+, more like 360-380.
O, and the ls1 is god

Yates...Man

TRMN8R
Established Member
QUICK!! Order some DR's 315s for the rear. If you have more time get a chip burnt from Amazon Racing. If money isn't an issue order the fricking Procharger. On the radials he needs to drop the tire pressure from 35lbs I would go with 25 lbs, works with the Cobra anyway. Also put the biggest K&N aircleaner stack you can find on the car this motor will need to breathe on this one. If I were going up against this guy I would put the odds on my side and Murphy on his. ATTACK!!!

Users who are viewing this thread