who wins?

pyrocrazy

Established Member
im pretty sure i can post this here but if i cant, sorry.

anyway, there is this kid at my school whose parents just bought him a mazda 3. (i think its an '07). the only thing i know he has is an aem cai and a bunch of stickers and crap on his car. he talks alot of shit and i want to run him but i dont want to make an ass out of myself. do you guys think a 1998 v6 could beat him on the highway? (i got a cai and thats it...)

Bullitt520

Established Member
Is it a 3 or a speed3. If its an MS3 youre more than done. Even if it is just a normal three it might still be a close race...

BlueSnake01

Established Member
+1, any V6 in a Mustang is slow but the pre 99 ones were better off as boat anchors. Wait till you can get a V8 before you race him.

Not any V8 Mustang but the 99+ GT's. Even the 98 GT's and below have hard time beating my Maxima (even then some lose too) and im pretty sure the Mazda Speed3 is faster than mine. So to the OP, no chance at all.

16kOrBust

Established Member
I wouldn't go calling him out anytime soon if I were you. He makes about the same power as you do stock for stock and weighs about 500 pounds or so less. Numbers I've seen put him up to a second and a half faster in the 1/4 depending on exactly which version of each you both have.

That said, just because he has a faster car doesn't mean he's a better person than you. Be a nice guy, compliment him on his car, and keep saving for something quicker. You'll get him down the road. If he's that much of a tool, I'm sure you can find someone on here from NJ to put him in his place. In fact, find someone with a stock Lightning so he feels like a total douche when he gets totally wrecked by a stock Ford pickup truck. :lol1:

Last edited:

pyrocrazy

Established Member
hah thanks for all the input guys. i try to avoid the kid but he's really loud and obnoxious and makes his mazda sound like a 10 second car.

I wouldn't go calling him out anytime soon if I were you. He makes about the same power as you do stock for stock and weighs about 500 pounds or so less. Numbers I've seen put him up to a second and a half faster in the 1/4 depending on exactly which version of each you both have.

That said, just because he has a faster car doesn't mean he's a better person than you. Be a nice guy, compliment him on his car, and keep saving for something quicker. You'll get him down the road. If he's that much of a tool, I'm sure you can find someone on here from NJ to put him in his place. In fact, find someone with a stock Lightning so he feels like a total douche when he gets totally wrecked by a stock Ford pickup truck. :lol1:
yea i didn't really plan on calling him out, but his classes got changed (he's is an idiot and was failing some) and now we both leave at the same time and both take the parkway home so i figured a race was bound to happen.

ironically this other kid (in a stock lightning) raced him and smoked him in september. (that kid with the lightning ended up totaling it a month or so later, but mommy and daddy bought him a brand new f-150 anyway lol)

hopefully once i graduate college i'll be able to afford something better. :beer:

xzero

Established Member
just get a terminator and tell its still the same car and then run him lol mauahauahaua

Mach1USMC

SVT Powered
Established Member
haha the new Mazdaspeed 3's make close to 280hp w/ light mods.

no doubt......I ran a MS3 a few weeks ago and he hung with me very well.......a V6 Stang would have been dead meat- even the new S197 Stang would have been toast.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread