who would win?? C5 or Mach1

Slow Vette

Highway Junkie
Established Member
so who would win? my mods are intake and exhaust with no cats, and the mach's are shifter, drag radials, exhaust with x-pipe and a tuner. im goin to race him this weekend so i'll post up the results :thumbsup: if this guy ever races me, he's been dodging me for almost two weeks.

joegt38

Established Member
It would be close IMO but you have a strong edge (weight). I seen a Mach with only a shifter, K&N, 4.10 and stock size Drags run a constant 12.9 @ 104-105 but he was cutting 1.75s...

Whats your RWHP?

Slow Vette

Highway Junkie
Established Member
joegt38 said:
It would be close IMO but you have a strong edge (weight). I seen a Mach with only a shifter, K&N, 4.10 and stock size Drags run a constant 12.9 @ 104-105 but he was cutting 1.75s...

Whats your RWHP?

around 310, this guy ran a 14 flat when he had his auto camaro ss. so either he was a bad driver, or something was wrong with his car. supposedly he has his stock 3.55 gears

Last edited:

joegt38

Established Member
Slow Vette said:
around 310, this guy ran a 14 flat when he had his auto camaro ss. so either he was a bad driver, or something was wrong with his car. supposedly he has his stock 3.55 gears
You still may have alittle power on him too, do you still have the 273 gear? I still think you got him.

Slow Vette

Highway Junkie
Established Member
joegt38 said:
You still may have alittle power on him too, do you still have the 273 gear? I still think you got him.

yea i still got them :( its cost too much too change them, like 2 grand. is it expensive for the mach or 03+ cobra?

Stopsign32v

Established Member
Just hope he doesn't have 4.30 gears and isn't telling you. If so.....let him know if any of his brake lights are out.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
you have bout 50 horses and 200lbs on him, but watch it. i have seen mach1's with only mufflers and sticky tires reach the 12's. with gears he should have you down low.

are you racing at the strip?

Stopsign32v

Established Member
If I were you I'd run him from a roll. Mach 1's are very easy to drive out of the hole.

Orr89rocz

WTF
Established Member
mach I's come off the line hard.. they run great ET's for the power they have. you have more power than he does and abit less weight, but those gears are hurtin your 1/4 mile times.

if he's on drag radials and your not.. then u at a serious disadvantage if you race at teh strip or on the street from a dig.

from a roll at the right rpm start, you should pull. those 2.73's will give u more topend speed and you should start to pull him good as speeds go up.

Venomous281

Texas Bandit
Established Member
the vettes are like the IRS cobra's except you have to change the whole gear box (i think thats what the call it) I dont know if you can open it up? I was looking at mine the other day and it doesnt look that hard. I want to throw in some 4.30's in my Z06 later.

grimreefer

Anthrax Resistant
Established Member
Slow Vette said:
so who would win? my mods are intake and exhaust with no cats, and the mach's are shifter, drag radials, exhaust with x-pipe and a tuner. im goin to race him this weekend so i'll post up the results :thumbsup: if this guy ever races me, he's been dodging me for almost two weeks.
Sounds like it'll be an interesting race 'cause both cars should be high twelves capable... driver dependant of course. His mods should also make his Mach capable of more than a 106 trap speed too. Looking forward to hearing the results :thumbsup: ...when you can corner him that is. :D

Users who are viewing this thread