"Whoosh" noise?

BUstang

Established Member
Sorry, the title was the best i could come up with. Anyways, At very partial throttle and low speed, i can hear my blower slightly begin to spool, and if i let off the gas pedal it makes a elongated "whoosh" noise. Its not BOV loud, but its defiantly noticeable if you listen for it. I have the boost bypass mod, is that what is making the noise? Thanks!

ss04vv

Established Member
this is a good thing. thats excess boost being let off to prevent it from backing up into the supercharger causing failure. that is indeed your boost bypass working as it should. Notice it only happens when u let off the gas. It works similar to a BOV on a turbo set up

03cobramanIII

Banned
prob just the air filter sucking in the air mine makes same sound, at the filter assy though? it changes with rpms mostly at idle and right off idle

Ltd10th03cobra

3.4 Whipple Crusher 22psi
Established Member
I have a 9" filter JLT setup with my 2.6H and it does it everytime I get off boost. I have the same problem. I know 100% that its coming from the air filter. It causes a little hesitation between shifts. Everyone says its normal too. huh?

BUstang

Established Member
this is a good thing. thats excess boost being let off to prevent it from backing up into the supercharger causing failure. that is indeed your boost bypass working as it should. Notice it only happens when u let off the gas. It works similar to a BOV on a turbo set up

Sweet. I has a ricer mod!! lol, jp.

r_vas85

yeah!!!!
Established Member
yeah i had the same whoosh noise as soon as i installed my CAI!

Users who are viewing this thread