Who's going to the SVTOA event @ Sebring??

03'Darin

Established Member
Is anyone planning on doing the SVTOA event at Sebring in April? I am trying to work out the time off and scheduling with a couple other guys to do a road trip down for the event. Looks like it would be about 1k miles each way.

I will also be doing the Summit Point event in May. It's going to be held on the new Shenandoah course! :banana: I have seen in car video of this track and it looks VERY challenging. Should be a great time had by all!!

Darin

hrspwr

Established Member
never been to one of these events....but would like to.

Honestly, I can't drive at all...am I going to be in everyones way?? What are the chances of crashing up my car?

ShelbyGuy

Steers With the Throttle
Established Member
Eating a steady diet of government cheese, and liv
they'll see to it you have an instructor and are put in a run group with other drivers in slower cars or inexperienced drivers. they wont turn you loose with the heavy hitters first few times out.

the chances of you crashing up your car are directly proportional to how far over your head you are driving :D but no instructor would let ya do that. go as fast as you are comfortable going. then, when you're more comfortable, go a little faster.

s.o.p. is running with an instructor in the morning and sometime in the afternoon, when they feel you're safe to be on track, they'll sign you off so you can practice without an instructor for the afternoon. average session is 15-20 minutes, with 4-6 sessions per day.

give it a try - you'll love the road course vibe. the people are friendly and helpful.

hrspwr said:
never been to one of these events....but would like to.

Honestly, I can't drive at all...am I going to be in everyones way?? What are the chances of crashing up my car?

03'Darin

Established Member
Nothing to worry about. The events are structured for any driving ability. They group drivers together based on their experience. The event focuses on improving your driving and learning both your cars limits and the drivers limits. Passing is limited to certain sections of the course and wave byes from the car being over taken are required. So unless you get in over your head or have a mechanical failure the chances of wrecking your car are very slim.

These events are a total blast!! Anyone that has an interest in seeing how well their car handles needs to attend at least one of these events. Also keep in mind everyone there is driving some type of Ford performance vehicle. So besides having a great time on the track you will meet a lot of other serious car enthusiasts!!

Darin

Users who are viewing this thread