Who's is running 275/35/18's on the front 18*9 rims??

five 0 ninja

Established Member
I have a 02 Saleen with the factory 18*9 rims in front that came with 265/35
Pirellis and 18*10 rears with 295/35 pirellis. They need to be replaced. Was thinking of bumping up 1 size each but seems I would need to go to a race compound tire to get a 305 for the rear which I don't think I want to do. So my next idea is keep the 295's in back and bump up to a 275/35 in the front. Anyone running that setup on their new edge? My car is lowered from the factory just not sure on the exact amount, an inch or so maybe. Anybody have rubbing issues at full turn in either direction? Also the way the undercarriage is and the exhaust I bottom out a good amount. Figured the slightly taller tire in front would only help a little with that.

And I'm thinking of running the continental extreme contact dw's. Opinions on those? I hear pretty good things about them. Can anyone compare them to say the nitto invo's, or Bridgestone potenza re760, or anything else you have run? Keeping in mind I can pick up all 4 continentals new for about 850 shipped.

Thanks guys.

Ford>Chevy

Established Member
I run a 275/35 up front, but a 285/30 in the rear. I'm going to a 305/35. I do have slight rub in the front when I crank the wheel all the way, but nothing to write home about. I think I'm lowered more than an inch, but am not exactly sure. I'm getting coilovers so everything will change. No opinions on the tires. I run a general as-03 in the front and sumitomos in the back and they work. I'm upgrading to R888's.

WhiteFaleen2001

Established Member
I run 275x35 in the front on my 18x9 saleen replicas and 295x35 on my 18x10 saleen replicas in the rear. There might be minor rubbing in the front when turning the wheel all the way. I also had a slight issue with my fender cutting into my driver side rear tire, but I have since gotten my fenders rolled. Can't help you on the tires, but I too will be upgrading to the R888s soon.

five 0 ninja

Established Member
Thanks for input guys. I just went with the factory sizes and the extreme contacts. Pretty good reviews and ratings and after a 70$ rebate 850$ to my door. Hard to beat that.

five 0 ninja

Established Member
I run 275x35 in the front on my 18x9 saleen replicas and 295x35 on my 18x10 saleen replicas in the rear. There might be minor rubbing in the front when turning the wheel all the way. I also had a slight issue with my fender cutting into my driver side rear tire, but I have since gotten my fenders rolled. Can't help you on the tires, but I too will be upgrading to the R888s soon.

Is that your Stang in your avatar? It's not a serialized Saleen I'm assuming by your name? If so where did you get the rear bumper and center exhaust?

WhiteFaleen2001

Established Member
That is correct this is a replica that I have built up. The rear bumper, I bought from Stage3Motorsports. When Saleen sold (went under) and became SMS, Stage3Motorsports bought the molds/rights to the 99-04 Saleen exterior pieces (minus the c-pillars). Fortunately, I was able to buy my kit from them while they were still selling it. When Saleen retook control of SMS, they bought the molds/rights back from Stage3Motorsports. If you are looking for the rear bumper, I will try and keep an eye out. I found a set of Saleen c-pillars for someone on this site (I already have mine).

As far as the exhaust, I custom built it with a friend. If you are interested, I can either post or send you all of the information. Just let me know.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread