Who's picking up Forza 6?

Gringo185

2nd Civ Div
Established Member
I made the move from console to PC about 3 years ago and haven't looked back since. I have been very pleased with every genre except racing. I had high hopes for Project CARS, but was left somewhat disappointed. And I'm not looking for something with a subscription like iRacing. So a couple weeks ago, I picked up an Xbox One with the $500 Samsung 40" TV bundle at Best Buy with the intention of it just replacing my aging PS3 as my media hub for Hulu, Netflix and Blu-rays. But then I found out that FM6 is about to drop. I can't even count how many hours I spent on FM 1-4. and find myself pretty excited to get back into it. (Come to think of it, I really enjoyed the first Horizon too. Maybe I'll grab FH2 eventually as well.)

Anyone else planning on picking it up?

Voltwings

Established Member
i loved 3 and 4, but 5 was honestly pretty weak ... i'll need to see good things from 6 before i take the plunge.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
Im a GT kind of guy but we were thinking about fabricating a simulator and hooking this game up to it since it is still good and readily available. We actually have some inoperable Civics that we were thinking about using. I think that would be pretty cool, but I think a smaller cage with a seat, wheel, and pedals would be more ideal.

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
Not sure, demo was good but the car list I saw had no New Edge usually have the 00R and no F1 cars this time. That and I saw a couple major cars (Agera and LaFerrari) which seem only available if you gave VIP in Horizon and F5 which if true is bullshit.

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
There is a Lotus F1 that Kimi Raikkonen used to pilot back in 2013/2014.
Also I think the game will have the ugly ass daytona prototypes too.

And yea, no new edges once again. Probably too slow on a road course compared to the competition.

SHOdown220

Established Member
I'm picking it up for sure. The rain racing is pretty sweet plus I buy every forza game. Oh and horizon 2 is much better than the first. Worth picking up IMO.

Blown 89

Established Member
I preordered ultimate using the $25 off gift card I linked in the previous thread.

I'm 50/50 on the game after playing the demo. Some of it went full retard on the arcade aspect.

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
I preordered ultimate using the $25 off gift card I linked in the previous thread.

I'm 50/50 on the game after playing the demo. Some of it went full retard on the arcade aspect.

You put the steering in simulation? Haven't spent too much time with demo as it doesn't allow my controller configuration (right stick shifting). I wouldn't be surprised if the demo wasnt a little dumbed down, try to appeal to a broader audience F4 was like that.

Glad they kept the Lotus from F5 in it, wish they had more though. I have a blast with my friends on live with them, so tricky to get a good time with the pace is insane.

truefiveo

Established Member
Look what I just bought....screw paddle shift....

2_info.jpg

Kiohtee

Established Member
That's nice truefiveo! :beer:

I'll definitely be getting it this month, just not sure when. I'm still waiting for RIDE.

blk02edge

Established Member

where is this previous thread? id like to get in on that

VenomGTX

Awesome SVT Poster
Established Member
There is a Lotus F1 that Kimi Raikkonen used to pilot back in 2013/2014.
Also I think the game will have the ugly ass daytona prototypes too.

And yea, no new edges once again. Probably too slow on a road course compared to the competition.

The 2000 Cobra R is in there. I think that's the only New Edge they've ever had though.

Blown 89

Established Member
where is this previous thread? id like to get in on that
I linked the page below. I got the code within minutes, had to call in and verify that I was using a gift card, and it worked perfectly. I might buy a second one on a different card since it's only one per person
http://boxeddeal.com/gaming/xbox-live-100-gift-card-email-delivery.html

There's a memorial day deal in a year of live out there somewhere. Techbargains.com or slickdeals should list it if you search.

Last edited:

DrumGuru

Established Member
I pre-ordered the Ultimate Edition off Xbox Live. I get early access on the 10th. The demo was good, and I think the full game will be awesome.

Gringo185

2nd Civ Div
Established Member
So, I was on last night checking out the preorder packages and saw that the '16 Shelby GT350R is going to be available with VIP membership... Then it all went kinda blurry... Next thing I know, I'm clicking confirm on the Ultimate Edition preorder. So that answers that.

truefiveo

Established Member
How will you get the g27 to work on the xbox?

Where did you get this and how much was it??? And yes I preordered my copy alreaxy!!!!

My bad guys no the setup I bought isn't the Logitech stuff.
I was just referring to the wheelstand, stick and pedal stand set up
My setup is all Thrustmaster

I already have the
458 TX Wheel and Servo Base
0022_update.jpg

So I bought separately from Amazon these parts

VG TH8
61EyKHAhbPL._SL1500_.jpg

T3PA3
thrustmaster_4060056_t3pa_3_gaming_pedal_1127284.jpg

Wheel Stand v2
20110721191319.jpg