Votes: 80 60.6%
  • No

Votes: 52 39.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Badasp5.0

Established Member
I love my Tri-ax, I have used the Pro 5.0 and hurst and the tri-ax is the best out of those that hurst is a waste of money.I will have to try a MGW one day.

Has anyone seen the SLP one LMAO it looks like a stock one LOL

BBCOBRA

Established Member
I voted no on the poll but need to explain.

I had the triax on my 02 GT and it was fine as far as operation. Notchy but firm shifts. What I grew tired of was the rattling from the shifter as this was my daily driver. I put rubber bushings between the handle and shifter which helped but still has to live with the noise.

I then got the cobra. I ordered the MGW shifter along with cobra bob's gasket set. Wow, what a difference. The MGW is smoother in operation but still firm and no noise at all. I believe it is even quieter than the stock shifter.

Triax - operation, good but noisey

MGW - great operation and quiet (best of both worlds)

Red Shift

2.6 + 4.6=GAWDAMN!!
Established Member
Mine sucks. I swear I have to move forward and left for 3rd after downshifting from 4th

G2Mach1

Cameltosis
Established Member
I have the triax in my Mach 1 and it is fine, but i am selling that car soon.
I just bought an 03 Cobra which has a Triax already installed and I really hate it. Yeah, the throw is short, but it is difficult to get it in every gear and tranny noise can be heard through it... The seller told me that the Ford dealership service guys did the install... nonetheless, its pissing me off...
love the car, hate the shifter...Is the noise I hear through it because they did not seal it with silicone properly?

TrickStang37

Established Member
my tri-ax makes no noise, i love it. slightly notchy, but thats what i like about it. finding gears is MUCH easier, downshifting/upshifting is now done with zero hunting for the gear.

Black2003Vert

Caution.This snake bites
Established Member
I have the tri-ax and I love it. Although my good friend started with the tri-ax and swapped to the MGW. He says he likes it alot better. From this thread I think most will agree that these two are probaly the best workin with our Terminators.

Fuerza

Established Member
I originally had a stock shifter base and tri-ax handle. I switched to the tri-ax base to match the handle. I think it works great, plus I got a killer deal at only 50 bucks! I used the Cobra Bob gaskets and doubled up on the handle gaskets. I think it hits the gears great! I don't have any problems with 2nd or 3rd gear.

03dsgcobranc

Fujiwara zone
Established Member
don't have either yet but when I get ready to buy I'm going MGW.. I've read so many good things about it in many various threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread