Whos running 315 Nittos on AFS 10.5 rims?

bradz2125

Veteran SVT Poster
Established Member
Just wondering on the success of this setup. I have the 315 Nittos on my stock Rims right now and was wonering if my traction would increase significantly if I put them on the 10.5 inch rims. And also what do they look like on the 10.5 rims cause I know they are about an inch thinner than the same size BFG's. Any pics? I'd rather not go to the BFG's on this setup if I dont have to as this is my daily driver and Ive heard the BFG tread life is little to non-existent. Keep in mind traction and wheel hop are going to be a decent concern for me as I have a KB on the way. :) Thanks guys.

Uncle Meat

Zircon Encrusted Tweezers
Established Member
Originally posted by bradz2125
Just wondering on the success of this setup. I have the 315 Nittos on my stock Rims right now and was wonering if my traction would increase significantly if I put them on the 10.5 inch rims. And also what do they look like on the 10.5 rims cause I know they are about an inch thinner than the same size BFG's. Any pics? I'd rather not go to the BFG's on this setup if I dont have to as this is my daily driver and Ive heard the BFG tread life is little to non-existent. Keep in mind traction and wheel hop are going to be a decent concern for me as I have a KB on the way. :) Thanks guys.

I haven't been to the strip since adding the AFS 10.5's and the 315 Nitto's. I don't think you'll see much difference in your 60' times if that's what you're thinking. Here's a pic...

U.M.

ass.JPG

bradz2125

Veteran SVT Poster
Established Member
Hey Unclemeat, did you shave down your IRS bolt then? I was thinking of just getting Undy's wheel spacers for this and not touching my IRS bolt. Anyone else have any suggestions or running those combination. I'd be curious to know if the 60 times did improve. Thanks.

Black2003Cobra

Established Member
bradz - You really don't need to do anything to run that combination. The only thing you have to be careful of, is when you jack up the rear of the car. (That bolt will hit the sidewall with the suspension fully extended.) I've been running them w/o any problems for several months.

Uncle Meat

Zircon Encrusted Tweezers
Established Member
Originally posted by bradz2125
Hey Unclemeat, did you shave down your IRS bolt then? I was thinking of just getting Undy's wheel spacers for this and not touching my IRS bolt. Anyone else have any suggestions or running those combination. I'd be curious to know if the 60 times did improve. Thanks.

I replaced the stock IRS bolt with the button head bolt.

U.M.

AMB

Established Member
Use the STOCK rims for the STRIP, it will give you a better footprint, with lower air pressure. On the syreet, the 10.5 are better because you have to use higher/stock air pressure.

AMB

bradz2125

Veteran SVT Poster
Established Member
Thanks AMB, i'll prob do that. Anone know if a set of wheel spaces like Undy's or anyone elses will do that trick so there no rubbing witht the IRS bolt when the suspension is fully extended? I'd rather not touch the bolt itself if I dont have to.

03blackCOBRA

Civil PE
Established Member
I run the Undy spacers with 10.5" Nitto 315's and no rub on the stock IRS bolt. I didn't want to grind the bolt or risk the rub if I every got air or the road. Cheap insurance IMHO.

Users who are viewing this thread