Who's running deep 12's on motor only?

Greg@SVTOA

A.K.A Greg@GLD
Established Member
I'm wondering who here is running deep 12's with a SN95 Cobra on motor only. If possible list your mods and best ET/MPH/60 foot time.

Not interested in what you run with a blower or nitrous, I am interested in all-motor combos ONLY please!

Greg@SVTOA

A.K.A Greg@GLD
Established Member
I guess nobody else has a fast all-motor SN95 Cobra... :D

greg.jpg

SL 1993 R

Established Member
I have a Very fast all motor Fox body,,, but, it is set up for road racing.... 9.5 windsor with custom yates heads and intake.. one day I will have to see what it can do in the 1/4 just for kicks...

Greg@SVTOA

A.K.A Greg@GLD
Established Member
109 MPH with the mods you listed? Did you leave out the 150 Hp NOS kit? Or is that maybe a typo?
Interesting.. That's amazing MPH for stock heads and a few bolt-ons. You appear to have picked up over 14 MPH with a cam, a pih and a few bolt-ons. WOW...

silver01snake

Established Member
Well, I'm almost in the deep 12's too. I have an 01 cobra which has runned a best to date of a 12.84 at 107.27 My mods are Mac off road h h pipe with MIL's, Mac cats back, steeda pullies, WMS cai kit, 4:10 gears and a custom tuned Diablo sport chip.. Just redynoed my car the other day since I just put on the steeda pullies. Its dynoed at 311 hp and 306 torq to the rear... Hope this help you for what your looking for....

94cobra

When will it be fast enuf
Established Member
Greg,
Before the E cam and headers, it ran [email protected] with the same stuff in my sig.
I only had one pass in the 109 mph zone, but I ran a few other 12.80's with a 108.20mph. I have a whole bunch of 12.90's runs.
My best 60 foot is a 1.87 with this combo.
later
john

Last edited:

SNK BITN

Established Member
I've got a mod motor and the best I've run n/a is 12.9@107 with a 1.81 60 ft on bald drag radials and full weight. That was before the CAI, BBK L/T's, catback and the slew of suspension work.

Shane97cobra from our mustang club runs mid 12's on his full slick cobra with all the boltons. Both of us are running stock, unopened blocks :D

Greg@SVTOA

A.K.A Greg@GLD
Established Member
Originally posted by SNK BITN
Shane97cobra from our mustang club runs mid 12's on his full slick cobra with all the boltons. Both of us are running stock, unopened blocks :D

Shane's car kicks ass, seen it run many times!

PETE302

Established Member
Mine is made for Natural Aspiration, Its bad ass. I talked to a bunch of people and they said it should be a low 12 sec car on Drag Radials.

Forged Piston 306 - 11:1 Compression

Reed Custom Cam: .544 lift ink/exh 230 duration intk/exh 108 degree center line

Edelbrock Performer RPM Heads

Stock Cobra Intake - Need to get a better one, like a box GT40 style so I can use my lower

75mm TB

76mm C&L MAF with the C&L Tube from MAF to TB

Underdrive Pulley's

Mac Long Tube Headers 1 3/4" w/ 3" Primary

Custom X Pipe

3" Dynomax Ultra Flows Dumped

4.10 Gears w/ Eaton Posi and 31 Spline Axles

Lakewood 90/10 Struts and 50/50 Shocks

Eiabach Drag Launch Springs

HPM Upper and Lower MegaBite Jr Control Arms

And LAST BUT NOT LEAST a TWEECER - This helps a lot, these J4J1 computers Suck balls on Stock settings, but when you can tune them they kick major ass

I just put this motor in 600 miles ago, I built it myself and I'm only 20.I built the motor to accept nitrous but the cam won't like it because of the tight centerline, I filed the piston rings so I won't blow a head gasket when I juice it since there is a lot of compression. Easier than I thought it would be, its a healthy damn motor. You know, the sound, you can just tell if it is healthy or not. If I were to do it over again, I would do it the same way. Build the Suspension up FIRST and then the Powerplant. You gotta have the suspension to support the horsepower and torque.

Hope this helps your quest

max

Established Member
Apparently it has something to do with the 'puter but what's a Tweecer?
Max

max

Established Member
Thank you for the info link, and yes, I'm familiar with some EEC tuning, but Tweecer is a new term/product for me. I'm sure I know a few things that you have no clue about either, but I'm also willing to share.

Max

Last edited:

PETE302

Established Member
Just try and stump me, one thing though, I'm still stupid with this eec tuner stuff, its tough! But I dare you, try and stump, don't think you can.

Greg@SVTOA

A.K.A Greg@GLD
Established Member
Pete, would you mind clarifying a few things regarding your original post?
Not flaming, don;t mis-understand, it's just that I'm sure I'm not the only one who's wondering about your post.

You posted this:

I talked to a bunch of people and they said it should be a low 12 sec car on Drag Radials.

Would you clarify that if you don't mind? I'm just wondering what you mean by that? Because in your signature you also refer to your car as an "11-second 5.0"

I'm just wondering if you have actually taken this car to the dragstrip, and if so, what are your "critical stats?" By critical stats, I mean 60 foot time, ET and of course MPH. It would be nice to know these things, for the sake of discussion. You wouldn't perhaps have a video or a timeslip to present, would you?

I only ask because in the years I have been a part of this hobby, I can't tell you how many times some guy has talked about what his car "SHOULD" be able to do versus what it actually CAN do.

One more thing- your comments about not blowing a head gasket because you filed the rings interest me too- Surely you know that filing the rings is not really going to be of much help if you should somehow lean out while on the spray, correct?
Did you deck and square this block that you built? Did you balance it internally or externally? What sort of blueprint procedure did you follow?
You alkso said you built it for "nitrous" but then in the same post you said you cammed it with a tight LSA? Kind of confusing, but maybe you'll explain your choices.

I also notice you just registered a few days ago, and you use "Pete 302" as your user name but you have a 306 motor? Why not "Pete 306"? :D

I'm sure you can understand my questions, and I hope you don't see my response as some sort of flamejob, because it isn't.

looking forward to your response...

max

Established Member
Originally posted by PETE302
Just try and stump me, one thing though, I'm still stupid with this eec tuner stuff, its tough! But I dare you, try and stump, don't think you can.

When I mentioned some things about you might not know, I wasn't even thinking specifically about cars (in which case, I think that's what you're talking about)

I'm not here to "stump the poster", but if you surmise that you're that all knowing, then it'd be a pleasure to worship you. NOT
:rolleyes:
Oh, I almost forgot. You need to check that '94 out at the track so that you can know for sure what it can run. You can check out Ed Curtis' site about my son Kyle. He's got a N/A '93 Cobra that I helped a tad bit. He actually knows what it runs, and not what some friends think. BTW, it does run 11's.
Have a great day.

Max

Last edited:

PETE302

Established Member
I just wrote a big long response but pressed the back button. I'll write one later again so I can keep you in suspense. It was good too. I answered all your questions good Greg.
Two things before I respond again, Obviously a 306 = Bored .030 302 and The way you wrote your responses., It sure does sound like you guys are flaming me, but I'll take your word for it Greg.

Last edited:

Greg@SVTOA

A.K.A Greg@GLD
Established Member
Sorry you feel that way Pete, I think that's exactly why I put the dislclaimer in there, so you'd answer the questions. That's all I asked for.
You said "you guys" and you also edited out the profanity that you originally had in your reply prior to your editing it, but my questions have ZERO to do with whatever dialog you have going with Max. I thought I asked my questions without trying to provoke you, they are good questions. You came on here and answered MY post that you have a fast car. Ok, I'll give you major props for building an 11-second car by yourself, but show me some technical data, not cheap talk. It's not that big of a deal really, if you have a timeslip or a video, post it. If your car has never been to the track, then say so. Not that big of a deal either. My feeling is that to claim your car will run 11's or low 12's if you never have had it down the track is not cool, but that's my opinion. Don't get mad dude, show us some data, that's all I'm asking.

max

Established Member
I guess I missed something and that's probably all for the better. I responded to your post asking about Tweecer and to me, you gave a catty remark that I've been out of the loop on technical data.
I'm not professing to be an all knowing person and hopefully no one else here is either. No one on the forums likes to hear what others think they run.....rather, we like to hear some track results.
Yes, different tracks have different preps and altitude, but it still gives all of us some comparisons that we can deal with.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread