Who's running deep 12's on motor only?

PETE302

Established Member
Ok, now I feel like typing again.

Most of the people I have talked to are either engine builders or ford enthusiest, so they do have a qualified idea.

I'm still in the process of breaking in the motor so don't want to go out there quite yet, plus the T-5Z is about to "break." So I also don't want to go out there with a messed up transmission. The old motor in this thing was stock except it had a cam which helped a lot. The best I ran was a 13.28 at only 102 mph with a 1.7 60 ft. I dynoed at 260 rwhp and 300 rw ft/lbs tq (Which most people never belived but its the truth). All I had done to the car mechanically is the cam, .544 lift 212/218 duration, 65mm TB, and full exhaust. I have a complete drag race suspension on it with 4.10's which would explain the 60 ft.

Once I get the stuff done I will post some time slips.

I can understand that there are a lot of guys out there that bullshit a lot, but thats something I just don't do when it comes to cars, its rediculous to do that, plus its one of my biggest pet peeves. Thats what Chevrolet guys do.

I said I built it to ACCEPT Nitrous not for it, thats where filing the ring gap a little bit bigger. I got those cheap stock Fel Pro Head Gaskets because I didn't feel like spending $100 on head gaskets.

The Cam is speced with a tight centerline becuase I have no concern about what kind of power the car makes @ 2k rpm becuase I'm not going to be racing at idle. And again, the motor was not built for but to accept nitrous

I had the block, vatted, decked, and honed. The crank at the stock balance externally to 50 oz. The Rods were resized, and the pistons were flycut.

Anymore questions and I'll be happy to answer them.

Last edited:

Greg@SVTOA

A.K.A Greg@GLD
Established Member
Ok, fair enough Pete. I hope when you do get a chance to run your car, that the results are what you are expecting.

Keep this in mind, as far as the "folks who know" telling you how you will do- How a car is TUNED and DRIVEN has as much to do with the end results as assembling a collection of parts and putting the combo together. Plenty of guys are doing a lot with a little and vice-versa. That's why I, and I think Mac too, just wanted you to show us some solid data in the way of a timeslip or whatever.

Now about that "Chevy guys do that" comment... Personally, I've found it's not brand specific, it comes down to individuals. There are some upstanding and good people over in the GM camp, just like there are some not-so-upstanding Ford people. It's who you are man, not what you drive...

Anyways, don't take it so personally, good luck with your car, as I said, I hope you can come back here at a future date and post a timeslip that shows your car can do what you hope it can do.

Greg@SVTOA

A.K.A Greg@GLD
Established Member
DOH!! I just realized that nowhere in this post did I list my times...!

12.44 Video Clip

I've been playing with shift points and such, and it looks like I might be getting to the point where I'm not gonna go much quicker save for weather changes. I had two runs that were within .02 of each other, and unless I can find some more traction I am probably maxed out in the 12.4 zone. I know the 60 foots are kinda so-so for ET streets, but I have stock springs and struts on this car... (excuses excuses!)

1240.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread