whos running methanol?

Blown85

Established Member
Im looking at putting a centri blower on a 2016 GT. Not sure yet between Procharger,vortech or paxton. But my real question is are any of you running methanol on the centri setups? If so what kind or results are you seeing? What blower and what kind of power?

I have had meth on a previous car with great results. I DO NOT have access to E85 for some reason the stations around here just dont have it so meth is an option to up the boost.

Blown85

Established Member
Thanks, ya ive seen that article that was with a roots type blower. (many peeps on here say you cant make gains with them) Im looking in to a procharger or paxton blower so looking for someone running one of them with meth

stang910

Established Member
I ran my paxton with meth when I had it. I could run a tune similar to E85 with it. I was running a 3.33 pulley and ran timing as high as 20* and never had any knock. Just did that for testing purposes though because I don't trust the system to work correctly 100% of the time even though I've never had any issues with it. I ended up running a mild tune and the 3.33 pulley and used the meth as a safety net.

I currently use it on my turbo setup and have the tune setup similar to the paxton with 15* of max timing. The car never has any knock retard and I've run as much as 14psi. I normally won't run more than 10psi on 93 though.

Users who are viewing this thread