whose going to be first????

eddy z

Established Member
we should start a pool to see who gets their 03 first... and on what date... this just might keep us in better spirts at the final strech...

eddy z

Established Member
Actually, revsion, and in addtion too.. Each memeber should guess there 03 arrivail date at there dealership...

Rob03

Established Member
I take it these would be people with VIN's and build dates? What method will you use to verify who came closest? I won't attempt a guess since I have neither of the above, but this does sound interesting with the proper setup.

Cheers, :beer:
Robert

mineral03

Established Member
VIN # 00088, mineral grey coupe, due to be built the week of the 3rd, i thinkin delivery about the week of the 17th...

Black Cobra

Established Member
I would think dealer's that are closest to the shipping point should get them first.

OH3Cobra

HP is my vice
Established Member
have vin and build date was this week (We'll see). so my guess of 6/21 sounds like a winner

stangfan

When in doubt.. Floor it!
Established Member
Build - Week of May 27th.
Num. - #1058

Hmmm... I guess June 29th for arrival at my dealer!

CatchMeCopper

Established Member
My dealer is in NH and i have a build date of june 3rd.. Hoping for a ETA for the week of june 10th.. thats very wishful thinking..

Black2003Cobra

Established Member
Mine is built and waiting to ship, which is supposed to be next week. My dealer guesstimates arrival week of June 17th, but expects to be able to give me a better estimate next week. We'll see.:thumbsup:

CWCobra

Established Member
Way it's going, it may be Christmas before the '03s arrive! Why do we keep falling for the same old ruse?
CW

Snoker

Established Member
Build week of 5/6 and first order at Midwest dealership, which is also one of the largest Ford dealerships in the Country. My guess is June 18th for arrival at dealership and I drive it home on June 19th. I figure Ford is still shipping the 03's they held for the quality assessment and hope to see mine shipped sometime this week. The shipment date from Dearborn is important. An accumulation of that number of vehicles, might slow shipment to the next method of transport. Those issues are always iffy.

My 01 Cobra was built on April 10, 2001 and it arrived at the dealership on April 20th. I drove it home on April 21st. I figure an average of 10 to 15 working days for delivery. Give the dealership a day for prep and hopefully delivery the next day.

We'll see!

RED '03

Established Member
Just talked to dealer, Village Ford in Dearborn. Cobra is in going to look at it now. Front Facia was damaged when driver backed car of the truck - Lower facia on the new Cobras. Check yours when they come in.

Yellow Horse

Established Member
RED '03, let us know how it goes and your impressions. I'd just like to be able to walk up and see one up close. I just found oput mine is coming by rail to Greensboro, NC then by truck to my dealer. Dearborn is 600 miles away so I figured it would probably be by rail. My dealer is checking on a delivery date.

fangstang

Established Member
My 2001 was built on 4/2/01 and it wasnt delivered to the dealership till sometime in mid to late May. I signed the papers on 5/24, then picked it up 5/26. I guess it all depends on where you're located.

RED '03

Established Member
Originally posted by Yellow Horse
RED '03, let us know how it goes and your impressions. I'd just like to be able to walk up and see one up close. I just found oput mine is coming by rail to Greensboro, NC then by truck to my dealer. Dearborn is 600 miles away so I figured it would probably be by rail. My dealer is checking on a delivery date.

Went to dealer and checked my car over and actually took it for a drive. Paint, fit and finish were excellent - no fall out damage on paint at all. As in my previous post the front facia was damage by a CARELESS Transport driver - the black plastic piece attached to the bottom was really torn up but the proper facia was not hurt. I expect this will happen on more than just one. One of the rims had 4 dings/scratches, looks like balance weight indecision to me - I am getting another rim.

Car had 9 miles. No rubber in the wheel wells.

Dealer is going to let me remove the stickers and other shipping protects, basically I will prep my own car. My salesman is the best. He keeps the keys locked and moves the car around when needed and the car is kept indoors at all times.

First driving impression is the car rides softer than I expected, very quite at idle and low loads but Holy --it! when you tip into the throttle, feels and sounds like a big block with a whine - I LIKE IT!. I didn't get into the throttle very much but you can feel there's a monster waiting to get unleashed.

Finally no invoice yet so I can't take it home.

Users who are viewing this thread