Why 5.0's owners aren't doing Long tube headers mod?

C5 KLR

As the title says, Why 5.0's owners ain't doing Long tube headers mod for the 11'-13' mustangs? I know some did it but they are very few. :shrug:
Most I've seen go with intake, boss monifold, x-pipe, catback, tune and thats it, so is there any secret for not using long tubes?

charba951

BOOSTTD
Established Member
As the title says, Why 5.0's owners ain't doing Long tube headers mod for the 11'-13' mustangs? I know some did it but they are very few. :shrug:
Most I've seen go with intake, boss monifold, x-pipe, catback, tune and thats it, so is there any secret for not using long tubes?

Mine are going on soon

charba951

BOOSTTD
Established Member
They're freaking expensive.....................

^ this lol. It seems that most of the power comes from removing the cats, and this can be done with O/R pipes for a fraction of the cost. Longtubes to me is more about sound

Last edited:

sambandit

SVT God
Established Member
It's alot of money for very little power. Don't know what it is with Modular motors, but they don't seem to need or want them. My 03 Cobra had very minimal gains as well.

Get some 5.0

Established Member
I have arh longtube o/x and love them. I havent dynoed it again but my brother has arh longtubes with catts and picked up 21 rear wheel horsepower. His dynoed 406 before and 427 after headers on same dyno!!!! I could feel a difference and the sound is awsome!!!!!!

charba951

BOOSTTD
Established Member
I have arh longtube o/x and love them. I havent dynoed it again but my brother has arh longtubes with catts and picked up 21 rear wheel horsepower. His dynoed 406 before and 427 after headers on same dyno!!!! I could feel a difference and the sound is awsome!!!!!!

427 to the wheels?!

C5 KLR

that's lots of HP for LT's :eek:

SILV03MustangGT

Han Brolo CDR 5.Broliance
Established Member
I have a love hate relationship with my long tubes. I love the way they sound once the car is warm, hate the excessive noise i hear when they are cold and they took a lot of work to get the tune down. The sound is amazing though. I'm not sure how much i picked up from them though.

C5 KLR

I also heard that people ain't doing it because of the minimal hp gains, so wanted to hear more.

acrbill

Established Member
They may not put down a ton of HP/TQ vs offroad mids but there seems to be a real healthy gain in the middle of the curve.

SILV03MustangGT

Han Brolo CDR 5.Broliance
Established Member
They may not put down a ton of HP/TQ vs offroad mids but there seems to be a real healthy gain in the middle of the curve.
thats the problem is people look at peak power as the key, when its power gains in the curve that need to be looked at.

Jedisalami

Established Member
Im still wanting to see some curve differences between lts/off road midpipe and stock shorties/off road mid pipe, to see if the cost is justified

alex12gt

Established Member
$800-1400 for headers + install cost or 6+ hours for 20-25 rwhp
$300 for x-pipe + 1 hr install for 15-20rwhp......

Ive got better things to spend 500+ on im still on stock headers and pushing 600+ rwhp with my tvs

CshiznitzJ

Established Member
<--- Has long tubes. Paid just over 700 for JBA longtubes and mid pipe. BBK are similar priced.

wnt2gofst

Banned
$800-1400 for headers + install cost or 6+ hours for 20-25 rwhp
$300 for x-pipe + 1 hr install for 15-20rwhp......

Ive got better things to spend 500+ on im still on stock headers and pushing 600+ rwhp with my tvs

Stock headers here pushing 700whp

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

Users who are viewing this thread