why aernt there more places to race?

Coiled03

Established Member
The land is expensive.

This is how they look at it ('they' being prospective track builders/owners/businesmen):

1.) I have $10mil to spend that would bring in $50k a year at a track.

2.) I have $10mil to spend that would bring in $1mil a year in rent/mortgage/etc.

Choice B wins every time.

If you're only bringing in 50K/year running a track, you're doing it wrong. Your point is correct, though.

It takes people who live, and breathe motorsports to build and develop a new track. There's just not much money to be made in the business anymore, it seems. Turn on the TV on Sunday and you'll be hard pressed to find a race with the stands full. Maybe F1 is full. Maybe NHRA is full because they only hold a few thousand fans. But that's about it.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
If you're only bringing in 50K/year running a track, you're doing it wrong. Your point is correct, though.

It takes people who live, and breathe motorsports to build and develop a new track. There's just not much money to be made in the business anymore, it seems. Turn on the TV on Sunday and you'll be hard pressed to find a race with the stands full. Maybe F1 is full. Maybe NHRA is full because they only hold a few thousand fans. But that's about it.

I just put numbers to it to show how much money someone would be missing out building a track on land, rather than developing it. I know they make more than $50k...but I also know they wouldn't touch how much they could make developing it and renting out the buildings.

Users who are viewing this thread