why are the KB/whipple cars blowing up

Griffin

Established Member
I am in the process of looking at kits and getting it out of the way.

How much are those Stroker motors again?:coolman:

Shadowgray03

Snake Charmer
Established Member
Originally posted by bassin247
MJ's injector problem was on #4 (not the one he is having a problem with).
That may be, but the fact remains that things can and do go wrong that can burn up these engines and the farther we get away from stock HP numbers the greater the likelyhood.

Originally posted by Griffin
I am in the process of looking at kits and getting it out of the way.

How much are those Stroker motors again?:coolman:
I think VT wants like $5300 for the iron block 302 stroker with billet oil pump gears. If anyone out there is interested please let me know, I can prolly get $300 shaved off the price if someone wants to go through the shop I use when I get mine(if thats what I end up doing, should no more end of next week).

jasil

Established Member
When you start talking about new engines, live axles, and auto's it's better to go out and by GT or V6 and save some money.

Shadowgray03

Snake Charmer
Established Member
Originally posted by jasil
When you start talking about new engines, live axles, and auto's it's better to go out and by GT or V6 and save some money.
Not if you already have melted pistons in your cobra. Sure if your just looking for a go fast car, buy a GT and mod the hell out of it. When im talking stroker, its because I have piston issues. If the block is out, why not go stroker?

Buster

Established Member
I'm not a cobra expert, but show me 1 group of cars making 600 +hp on 92 octane. They don't exist or don't last long. Go to the other sites, LS1, Turbobuick and supra forums and ask them when pushing performance way beyond stock what gas they run, common answer is race gas. There have been many buicks pushing the stock "cast pistons" for years, they don't last forever, but race gas holds them together for while. Oh and to top it off we don't even have a knock sensor, 92 octane, 600 HP, and no knock sensor, humm.

RedfireVert

Las Vegas SEMA 2005 -
Established Member
Originally posted by Buster
Oh and to top it off we don't even have a knock sensor, 92 octane, 600 HP, and no knock sensor, humm.

Yeah, it bothered me too that Ford neglected to install a knock sensor.:eek:

SWEET03COBRA

Established Member
hey racerat. I'm down in SA for one more week, are you going to houston next weekend for funford. I would sure like to meet up and check out my cars twin brother. Hit me back.

racerat

200+mph Boss-O-Matic!
Established Member
Originally posted by SWEET94COBRA
hey racerat. I'm down in SA for one more week, are you going to houston next weekend for funford. I would sure like to meet up and check out my cars twin brother. Hit me back.
When exacty is FFW? I wanted to go, but forgot about it. There's a good chance I will still be able to. Check your pms. :beer:

SWEET03COBRA

Established Member
damn computers, for some reason I can't pm. Fun Ford Weekend. I got your #, I will hit you up yet tonight. I have to sleep in the field all week so obviously no phones.

RDSZ

600+HP
Established Member
I'm not a cobra expert, but show me 1 group of cars making 600 +hp on 92 octane. They don't exist or don't last long. Go to the other sites, LS1, Turbobuick and supra forums and ask them when pushing performance way beyond stock what gas they run, common answer is race gas. There have been many buicks pushing the stock "cast pistons" for years, they don't last forever, but race gas holds them together for while. Oh and to top it off we don't even have a knock sensor, 92 octane, 600 HP, and no knock sensor, humm.

Thats nothing but the true, always use the good gas if you have a lot HP.:beer:

RDSZ

600+HP
Established Member

Thats nothing but the true, always use the good gas if you have a lot HP.:beer:

jleews6

Established Member
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have said this a couple of times and it gets ignored. Im a firm beleaver in octane.I always run good gas or a little bit of zylene just to be safe.Years ago when all my friends were blowing head gaskets I was running high boost on pump gas and no one could figure out how it would keep the gaskets in it.I ran it for years in my mustangs and my Buicks.The best part about it is that you cant smell it like race gas.;-)

DSG03Snake

Established Member
You guys think 91 octane + 2.93 pulley,pred tune,hpipe, catback and CAI will good? That's the best we have around here and I really don't want any reliability issues (thast the most power I plan to get, MAYBE blower port in the distant future).

Users who are viewing this thread