Why cant I buy a GT?!

mvcrash

Established Member
robiferretti said:
You are incorrect. In the car industry you cant only sell cars to "steady customers". For a dealership that sells cars for $12,000-$50,000 to turn away a local customer willing to spend $240,000 in one shot, does that make me a likely "one time sale"? Also I am a special case, putting 30,000 miles a year on each car they will also be making $$$ on the service by earning me as a customer. Car dealerships aren't in business to pick and chose who they sell vehicles to, more volume, more service, more profit. The reason cars are sold under sticker is to gain a customer base, you don't do that by turning away money.

A general rule of business you adjust prices according to market conditions. If the guy down the street is renting the same cars as me and offering the same services for less, I drop my prices or lose the customers. Its not like they lose money selling cars at MSRP!

to answer your last 2 questions,

yes I can drive the cars when I want.
yes I do have free days to give away. (but only to steady customers) :)

Northern Bergen County is a very economically advantaged area which I'm sure you know due to your business. You are mistaken if you think that they don't have customers who are willing to pay over sticker. Which is what my point was.
I understand your thoughts but it is the area that drives the prices here. Once again I state simply.

Caveat Emptor.

PS, I know nothing about business practices since I have never owned a business. I do understand if I can get 2 bucks for something, why sell it for a buck.
If you are still interested in those cars, I can probably help.

robiferretti

Established Member
mvcrash said:
Northern Bergen County is a very economically advantaged area which I'm sure you know due to your business. You are mistaken if you think that they don't have customers who are willing to pay over sticker. Which is what my point was.
I understand your thoughts but it is the area that drives the prices here. Once again I state simply.

Caveat Emptor.

PS, I know nothing about business practices since I have never owned a business. I do understand if I can get 2 bucks for something, why sell it for a buck.
If you are still interested in those cars, I can probably help.

Cars that sell over sticker = new ferraris. This is because of availability, there is more demand then there is ready supply. Not so with the GTs I think something like 30% of production sold so far. Yes they can wait 7 more months, maybe find a sucker to pay $20k over to park it in his collection. But now they had to float the price of the car for 6 months when they could have been rolling it over into other stock and moving that. They would also be getting all the service work which is something they wouldn't get selling out of state or even to the "collector who would spend over to have the car".
Yes you could sell your widget for $2 to a sucker 3 weeks from now, but I just sold 20 of them for going rate ($1). I dont know if you've been in the business world yet, but i am 25 with 2 sucessful start up companies (4 years each) under my belt and you cant write a business model counting on suckers to come by.

mvcrash

Established Member
robiferretti said:
I dont know if you've been in the business world yet, but i am 25 with 2 sucessful start up companies (4 years each) under my belt and you cant write a business model counting on suckers to come by.

I admitted my ignorance on this subject. I also agree with you, but I don't own the dealership.

One other question. Did they know about your company?

rust0r

Established Member
they've got one up here in canada (toronto, ontario) for 208K "MSRP", whether or not its an advertising ploy to get someone in there and then tell them about the "fair adjustment" im not sure, but i can get the phone number if you're interested

edit: just looked and its a classic paint job (blue and orange) if you're interested

Last edited:

99caddysts

Established Member
svt2205 said:
FWIW, there's a red with white striped 06 GT on the show room floor at a local Ford dealer in Manchester NH. They are asking MSRP and I'm sure would LOVE to sell it. It's costing them 300 a day on their floorplan to keep it. It's been on their floor now for about 3 weeks.

They are www.autofair.com or 603-634-1000.

Hope this helps.
Henry
a friend of mines father went to go look at/buy it and apparently it is already sold to some guy overseas. And not to mention Autofair sucks nuts. Do not plan on getting good service from them...

rd04svt

Established Member
Chesapeake, Va. dealer has their last one...was in there today. Its a gray with white stripes. 757-424-1111...and I'm not connected to the dealer.

DougT

Established Member
Rob, I feel your Pain. I bought 2 Already and Flipped them quickly and I bought both of them Just a Bit over Invoice. Now what is Left over out there are dealers that are Just hanging on to the last of the last.

The one In Wilmington is on E-bay, are Bidding against me on that one?

I have a Hard time even paying sticker when I know they make about 17k -18k total @ Sticker. 5K holdback + about 10k over that from invoice to MSRP.

I will be Going to Manhiem tomorrow , I will see what kind of #'s they are Pulling. 2 New units are Running the Lanes tomorrow.

Good Luck!

robiferretti

Established Member
DougT said:
Rob, I feel your Pain. I bought 2 Already and Flipped them quickly and I bought both of them Just a Bit over Invoice. Now what is Left over out there are dealers that are Just hanging on to the last of the last.

The one In Wilmington is on E-bay, are Bidding against me on that one?

I have a Hard time even paying sticker when I know they make about 17k -18k total @ Sticker. 5K holdback + about 10k over that from invoice to MSRP.

I will be Going to Manhiem tomorrow , I will see what kind of #'s they are Pulling. 2 New units are Running the Lanes tomorrow.

Good Luck!

Hey yeah I was bidding against you on ebay. If you see a red white at manheim below msrp i'll take it off your hands. You can make whatever you want to make no the car if you can get it at tissue or less.

Billy78945

I am a sales consultant for La Grange Ford in La Grange Texas. We have a Ford GT that stickers for $166,945 and would be more than happy to sell it to anyone for that price plus TT&L . ( OR BEST OFFER ) If you are interested please email me at [email protected] or give me a call at 1 800 375 6461 and ask for Billy Brooks . This GT is Red with white stripes.

Sold!!!!!!

Vehicle Description
GT 2006 FORD GT COUPE
5.4L SUPERCHARGED DOHC V8 ENG
6-SPEED MANUAL TRANSAXLE Exterior
MARK IV RED CLEARCOAT
Interior
EBONY BLACK LEATHER BUCKET SEATS

Standard Equipment INCLUDED AT NO EXTRA CHARGE

EXTERIOR
. HID HEADLIGHTS
. BODYSIDE TAPE STRIPES
W/"FORD GT" LOGO
. FULL AERODYNAMIC PACKAGE
. FORGED ALUMINUM CAPLESS
FUEL FILLING SYSTEM
. 18" FRONT/19" REAR CAST
ALUMINUM BBS WHEELS
. P235/45ZR18 FRONT
P315/40ZR19 REAR GOODYEAR
EAGLE F1 SUPERCAR TIRES
. FOG LAMPS
INTERIOR
. LEATHER-TRIMMED SEATS
W/CARBON FIBER STRUCTURE
. LEATHER-TRIMMED INTERIOR
IP, DOOR PANELS, ARMREST,
HEADER, BULKHEAD, PILLARS
. AIR CONDITIONING
. TILT/TELESCOPING LEATHER
WRAPPED STEERING WHEEL
. AM/FM STEREO W/ SINGLE CD
FUNCTIONAL
. RICARDO 6-SPEED
MANUAL TRANSAXLE
. BREMBO VENTED DISC BRAKES
. STAINLESS STEEL DUAL
EXHAUST
. DRY SUMP LUBRICATION
SAFETY/SECURITY
. ANTI-LOCK BRAKING SYSTEM
. AIR BAGS, DRIV/FRONT PASS
. CHILD SEAT TETHERS
. REMOTE KEYLESS ENTRY
WARRANTY
. 3YR/36000 BUMPER TO BUMPER
. 24 HR ROADSIDE ASSISTANCE

Price Information MSRP
STANDARD VEHICLE PRICE $149,995

Key Standard Equipment
ORDER CODE 100A

Optional Equipment
2006 MODEL YEAR
MARK IV RED CLEARCOAT
EBONY LEATHER
.5.4L SUPERCHARGED DOHC V8 ENG
.6-SPEED MANUAL TRANSAXLE
*** GAS GUZZLER TAX *** 2,100
MCINTOSH AM/FM W/SINGLE CD 4,000
LIGHT WEIGHT FORGED ALUM WHLS 3,500
RED PAINTED BRAKE CALIPER 750
PAINTED RACING STRIPES 5,350

TOTAL MSRP $166,945

Disclaimer: Option pricing will be blank for any item that is priced as 0 or "No Charge".

Estimated Annual Fuel Cost:$2,250 CITY MPG
HIGHWAY MPG
21 Vehicle Engine Information
2006 FORD GT 5.4 LITER ENGINE, 8 CYLINDERS (FEEDBACK FUEL SYSTEM), FUEL INJECTION, CATALYST, 6-SPEED MANUAL TRANSMISSION
Actual mileage will vary with options, driving conditions, driving habits and vehicle's condition. Results reported to EPA indicate that the majority of vehicles with these estimates will achieve between 11 and 15 mpg in the city and between 17 and 25 mpg on the highway.
For Comparison Shopping all vehicles classified as TWO SEATER have been issued mileage ratings from 09 to 60 mpg city and 13 to 66 mpg highway.

Last edited:

ford_racer

King of SVTP
Established Member
Black w/ white stripes here for 166k if you are interested in coming this far. It's a small town, so you might be able to talk them down. Doubt you are that interested to come get it though.

50 BMG

Socialpath media
Established Member
Last I heard Dave Wallin is still sitting on his at Bozeman Ford. All options black with no center stripe and was asking 160K in October when I turned him down.

Probably a good deal there if it's still available. IIRC it's 2005 VIN #1612

DougT

Established Member
Well got Our's Today. A 05 @ Just under $154 w/fee's, all options w/3 miles on MSO.

Red w/white stripes, I think we will hang on to this one for awhile.

I believe it was from a NY dealer.

Greenbird

Established Member
There's a dark blue, white striped GT at my local dealership. Formula Ford in Barre, VT. As for a finders fee, I'll settle for a ride, but I'd be willing to deliever it personally ;)

DougT

Established Member
Rob, Got a Lead on another red one MSRP-$166,945.00 to your door.
2006 RED W/Stripes,calipers,Mcintosh,BBS wheels.

roadhog

Established Member
My Dealership Has A White With Blue Stripe With 400 Miles On It (owner Driven) My Gsm Said We Would Sell It For $155,ooo Let Me Know

Users who are viewing this thread