Why does it rev so slow?

Rob_eaton

Co$w0rtHy
Established Member
Im wondering wat mods are required to get the rpm to travel faster. u plant your foot on the pedal and just wait till it gets to 7k, takes longer than my sable to rev. my buddy installed headers and magnaflow on his sentra seR and the revs now fly.

what would you guys do??

Rob_eaton

Co$w0rtHy
Established Member
i'll try the TB mod and air intake and hopefuly that'll cure it, i dont believe its anything wrong with the car, it only has 33k. hope it wont require any work on the flywheel which i hear is pretty heavy, thats a pain to do

agSVT

AG_SVT
Established Member
stage 3 clutch, aluminum flywheel and a short shifter will help. the clutch will just launch you, the flywheel will help because it'll just be a huge different in weight from what we have now, and the shirt shifter will shorten your throws and you'll get through the gears a bit faster.

HalfTime

Race it how you drive it.
Established Member
The light weight flywheel is a must! Faster revs, more power going to the wheels, less rotaing mass, less whare n tear, = faster Focus.
When you go up in power, your gonna need the clutch, it can't hold much over 250 at the wheels for shit. Let alone over 300whp

HalfTime

Race it how you drive it.
Established Member
Depends, The Focus, on slicks, will beat the Lightning with or with out slicks. But both in street trim, the Lightning will win in the 1/4 mile, but the Focus is catching quick up top. From a roll, fiarly even until 80, then the Focus pulls away.

Side note, mind you this is with good drivers. If you can't launch the Lighitng, the Focus will just stay right by your side, and start to pull away right off the bat. Same goes for the Focus, If you can't launch the Focus, you got no shot in hell in the 1320 to play catch up.

Rob_eaton

Co$w0rtHy
Established Member
lightning why dont u like your knn ? i looked at the spec sheets and the CAI and knn short ram have pretty much smiliar results, give or take 1 hp

Users who are viewing this thread