Why don't they listen?

BIGV

GO BIG OR GO HOME!!!
Established Member
I took my car into the dealership for the pop tink noise. Told the mechanic it is usually the halfshafts. I have read this several times on SVT Performance. Well I guess he felt he new more than hundreds of Cobra owners. He tells me my driveshaft is whats making the noise. I don't argue sure put in a new driveshaft. That is exactly what he did I then am asked to test drive it I pull away get 10 ft stop and get out. The mechanic says whats wrong I said its still making the noise. He looks at me and said I don't know what could be making the noise. I repeat myself "I told you it was the halfshafts". He walks over to the parts counter and orders a halfshaft and says well put it in and see if it stops the noise. He didn't even want to look at the halfshaft just ordered a new one. On a positive note I always had a slight vibe at around 80 mph its gone now. Car rides smooth as glass. I guess no one likes to be told how to do there job but I was trying to be helpful. It is a really excellent service dept though they always address my problems and never give me any grief.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
You should be happy the dealer is so willing to swap in new parts to try to fix the problem. Many would just tell you what you're hearing is "normal drivetrain play". If anything, you should be commending the dealer for their willingness to make you happy. We should all be that blessed! :)

csumt76

Established Member
Hey take it easy on the techs. They can't possibly hire every best technician to fill the entire shop. It costs too much money.....

Work with me for a day and see If I just change parts... I guarantee most couldn't change a battery on a benz w/out ****ing it up.

nugen

Established Member
Those batteries are no joke! I can remember one time the battery arced off the frame and cut a notch in the wrench I was using to loosen the clamp. I never jumped so high. Fortunately, it was just a HMMWV so there was no appreciable damage. Now I hate replacing batteries altogether.

BlackGT

SVT God
Established Member
BIGV since you seem you know so much why didnt you go to Ford and order your halfshafts and replace them yourself...

BIGV

GO BIG OR GO HOME!!!
Established Member
BlackGT said:
BIGV since you seem you know so much why didnt you go to Ford and order your halfshafts and replace them yourself...
Hey black gt if you cared to read my post I said that I have read on this forum several people have had this same problem where did it say I know what is wrong. I told him there are several threads about this problem and you should check the halfshafts.Before you flame me trying reading the post. In reality I didnt want to have to bring the car back because comebacks( what the dealership calls a vehicle that returns for the same problem that was supposed to be repaired) looks bad for the mechanic. I also said the dealerships service is excellent, and I like the mechanic the whole point was some people just dont take your advice. Jeez black gt did you even read a word I typed or just decide to type any shit that you could think of. I got it your one of those upity mother f**kers that just likes to start shit. Oh and to answer your other ? I have a warrenty so your damn right they are going to change them. You really are a MORON.

CANiHaveGasCash

Established Member
your lucky your dealer is so quick to replace parts. most dealerships would take several visits before replacing a part just for noise

BIGV

GO BIG OR GO HOME!!!
Established Member
I know the dealership is really great I have read some horror stories on here like voiding a warrenty because of rubber in the wheel wells. They always take good care of me the whole point of the thread was that I was trying to assist the tech with what is the common problem, it has been discused on this board several times.

Users who are viewing this thread