Banned
Dont see this in basketball

EDM101021201_1024x768.jpg

EDM106021201_1024x768.jpg

Slider

aka=Brad
Established Member
Originally posted by Aaron_01
Damn right dude! Any sport where you can score 100 points and still lose isnt a sport!!

Any sport that you can end the game in a TIE isn't a sport:nonono:

WRSVT

Established Member
yep, hockey is the greatest sport on earth.:rockon: im a huge Thrashers fan being from GA. before Atlanta, my team was always the Wings. now i just have to cheer for both. Atlanta has been in a bad slump lately though, alot of frustrations. i think that my have played a part in the big fight that this picture came from last night. of all the games for Turner South not to broadcast, it had to be this one.:mj: :cuss: :fm:

WRSVT

Established Member
Any sport that you can end the game in a TIE isn't a sport:nonono:
I agree the tie needs to go, they are trying out a system next year in the minor leagues (in the AHL i believe) where there would be no ties, they would play an overtime period, if no one scored they would have a shootout. i think thats what they have needed to do all along.

74maverick

New bullet coming soon
Established Member
Yea but if the NHL has the lock down some say it could last 1-2 years and if that happens u know how many good older players are gonna retire?:nonono:

FuryShift

You are slow.
Established Member
Online Euchre definately takes it for me. That aside, ol chap in the second picture looks more liek he's sneazing.

IDAREU

Banned
Here is something to think about Hockey fans:

Hockey is the only sport where you could win 5 games out of 82 games and still make the playoffs!!!

Btw you would just need a tie in the other 77 games and you would a 1pt for each tie so at the end of the season you have 87 pts and you will most likely make the playoofs. Something is not right with that system!

nj7703

Established Member
Well Hockey is a sport, not sure about the ties but, how about these for "questionable" sports

Golf
Fishing
Hiking
Racing
Skating

I've seen the pros/cons of all of these. Some say Golf can't be a sport, since you don't sweat much, and you can play well into your 70's. Do you have to sweat for it to be a sport? What about racing? your ass never leaves the seat? Personally to me they are all sports in some way, if you compete, and you have to have some skill, dexterity, or physical conditioning to excel, it is a sport. I'de love to see what you guys think.

Aaron_01

Banned
Originally posted by idareu
Here is something to think about Hockey fans:

Hockey is the only sport where you could win 5 games out of 82 games and still make the playoffs!!!

Btw you would just need a tie in the other 77 games and you would a 1pt for each tie so at the end of the season you have 87 pts and you will most likely make the playoofs. Something is not right with that system!
:rollseyes Thats highly unlikly that a team would tie 77 games. Even the worst teams in the league cant pull that off. Maybe a tie is easier in basketball but its quite hard in hockey

Darcsun

Established Member
GO WINGS!!!

Why hockey is the best... ok, what sports can you see a guy cut off his fingers... where else do you see players get injuries like Yzerman did last week and play in the next game?

Anyone remeber the playoff series between the wings and the blues a few years back.... Chris Pronger took a puck to the chest.......

And dropped dead!!!! TWICE!!!!

Seriously, Prongers heart stopped from the hit... he dropped dead, got up a few minutes laters and his heart stopped again!

He played a few games later!

Last edited:

99cobradave

Established Member
Originally posted by nj7703
Well Hockey is a sport, not sure about the ties but, how about these for "questionable" sports

Golf
Fishing
Hiking
Racing
Skating

I've seen the pros/cons of all of these. Some say Golf can't be a sport, since you don't sweat much, and you can play well into your 70's. Do you have to sweat for it to be a sport? What about racing? your ass never leaves the seat? Personally to me they are all sports in some way, if you compete, and you have to have some skill, dexterity, or physical conditioning to excel, it is a sport. I'de love to see what you guys think.

Now there's an interesting topic. Golf/fishing/bowling/billiards/poker/chess and others are not "sports," they're "games" or even "activities." I don't know, racing seems to take a great deal of physical exertion, not sure if it qualifies as "sport," though.

Hockey would qualify as one of the toughest sports, though, IMO.

Rearpl8tsinsite

QQQQ
Established Member
Baseball players play the whole game and never lose their breath.

The best Basketball players play almost the whole game with only a few breaks.

Due to the speed of the game the best Hockey players can only go 4 minutes at a time before being drenched in sweat. This makes it the toughest sport in my opinion.

Those that don't consider Golf or Auto racing a sport most likely havent tried it. The average CART race is as tough as a marathon on the drivers bodies. I'll walk 18 holes of golf and by the 15th hole or so I have to start clubbing up due to fatique. I can no longer hit those 300 yard drives that came so easy on the front nine. My bag weighs only 50 lbs give or take a few. And I only walk about 4 miles carrying that bag. It may not be as physical but far more mental than hockey, football, and baseball.

I also play in a basketball league where I rarely have to sub out in a game because I don't get tired. Funny how I'm fatigued in Golf but not in a full game of basketball. Maybe I should try playing carrying a 50 lb bag.

Hockey is awesome If it only had a salary cap to make all teams even. I can tell you right now who is going to the cup. Detroit and Colorado because they spend twice as much as most teams.

Go Kings!

Users who are viewing this thread