The day I got it.

From this:
CAM00030_zps4383812c.jpg

To this.
After handwash, clay bar, and several layers of Blackfire:
CAM00136_zps28ffc488.jpg

MTBSully

Established Member
Nice! No polishing at all? I have a bottle of BFWD but have only used it once. How many coats did you apply, and how long did you wait between coats?

Thanks

low03tb

THUNDER UP!
Established Member
Nice. A lot of people out there seem to like BFWDAPP and Chemical Guys Blacklight. Not sure how close they are in what they do, but both seem to be loved before putting down a sealant. My Blacklight is on the way and a sample of BF WD too

RedRocketMike

A Member Well Known
Established Member
Nice. A lot of people out there seem to like BFWDAPP and Chemical Guys Blacklight. Not sure how close they are in what they do, but both seem to be loved before putting down a sealant. My Blacklight is on the way and a sample of BF WD too

They are both sealants.

fake

Established Member
Nice! No polishing at all? I have a bottle of BFWD but have only used it once. How many coats did you apply, and how long did you wait between coats?

Thanks

I have about 8 layers on it now. The picture is very deceiving because the paint has numerous rock chips and the clear coat has micro scratches all in it. She could surely use a good wet sanding.

Even with a so-so factory paint job; bfwd can make the 17 year old factory paint look pretty dang good.

low03tb

THUNDER UP!
Established Member
They are both sealants.

They're called sealants, but many seems to use them like glazes before a sealant. At least it seems that way. Can't hurt to put something more durable over it! Once I figure out which one I like better then I can put CQuartz or Opti-Coat over it....Honda paint is pretty darn soft

Last edited:

coolcobramatt

Mystified and terminated
Established Member
You could have done a three stage polish with swirl remover, finishing polish and wax and gotten most of those clear coat blems out unless the paint is just gone (which it looks like it isn't). If you like Blackfire, try their Pinnacle Souveran line, you will like it even more. Looki at Autogeek.net for the "Pinnacle Twins" package. You do that and double the results!

Seahorse

Established Member
Just recently started using BFWD and I like the results - not quite as glossy as Zaino, but gives a deeper wet-look result. Not sure on durability yet, only time will tell there.

BlackFire0010_zps4256b940.jpg

BlackFire0006_zps54700672.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread