why is it that third gear feels weak at time??

andress

Banned
well my car has about 94,000 miles on it had a new tranny put on it a while back but ford never change my clutch just replace the tranny for me.. my ? is why is it that sometime when i get on it on the freeway in 3 gear it feels weak dosnt even spin the tires most of the time tho the car will spin all 3 gear starting around 65 mph... the wird thing is tho 1 n 2 gear always have spun bad so i never notice any diffrence,its just 3 gear that seems to have power only when it wants to haha.. i also dyno 500 flat but that was when the clutch spun on the dyno then we waited for a while n ran it again and put down 540tq n 507hp so what can couse this any help would be good thanks .. also there are times when my clutch slips on the street can this effect me alot in a race ??

andress

Banned
yup im makeing 540 tq n 507 hp with a bad clutch if u dont belive me ... i have a ported blower i just havnt update my sig sorry but yeha

moot09

Established Member
oh alright, but I still find it hard to believe that your spinning at 65 unless you have stock or smaller tires. But anyway yes your slipping clutch will have alot to do with the feel of power loss.

Users who are viewing this thread