why is my trap speed lower than others?

BlkFord281

Established Member
i have noticed that almost every else with an 03 has a higher trap speed than mine, i had 106 and 107 trap speeds the two times i ran it at the track...why would mine be slower in this way? i still ran a 13.2 which i believe is normal??? thanks:shrug: :nonono:

stang99

Is your car a vert?

Originally posted by BlkFord281
i have noticed that almost every else with an 03 has a higher trap speed than mine, i had 106 and 107 trap speeds the two times i ran it at the track...why would mine be slower in this way? i still ran a 13.2 which i believe is normal??? thanks:shrug: :nonono:

esqeddy

VENUMUS
Established Member
Each car is unique. Tires and traction which affect 60' play a big part in times. Mods & program do to. I notice you haven't changed the pulley. That would certainly bump you up.

And let us not forget....driving skill is very important too.

Good luck!

SoCalBlk03

THE Clutch Killer!!
Established Member
Mine appeared to run slow as well when stock but would still get got E/Ts. I find that it's driver technique. IE. running hard through both sets of lights, shift rpm, launch technique, not to mention that track altitude plays into the numbers.

YoungCobra

aka BigBlackCobra
Established Member
What was your mileage when you raced it? They tend to get stronger with break-in.

Also, at sea level, mine ran 13.3s at 106-107mph in 40 degree weather,when I had 2k miles. I got better at shifting and with my mods below I trapped at 111 in the heat of summer(close to 80).

tommygun

Established Member
letting off to early? there is a 66ft part at the end of the 1/4 that calculates speed, if you let off at the 1st cone (13.2 ET taken here) you mph could be low due to that

03SoCalCobra

HIGH PSI 03
Established Member
Huntington Beach, CA (h), Culver City (w)
Probably a combo of things.

1. cooling fan on? that costs me 1-2 mph usually.
2. no cool-down time.
3. poor weather- we know what effect crappy weather has at the dyno.
4. driving technique
5. letting off too early before the end of the track? speed trap is at the end of the track, i've seen people lift at the first line thinking it's the end when it's really the start of the speed trap.
6. track/traction.
7. your car is F'd up in some way.

Users who are viewing this thread