Why Is The Terminator So Special To You Long Term Owners?

xsellr8

BANNED
Established Member
I think it's cause the terminator really put mustangs on the map. They did so well on the terminator and it was right as Youtube was coming alive, so everyone can see what the car was capable of accomplishing. It will always be a popular, special car. Furthermore, the next snake that came out was so much more money (and ford could get it cause the car's main competition was now the corvette).

It's a great value, so yeah, in a way it would be hard for original owners not to sell since they can still get good money out of them.

ISent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

03cobraracer

Established Member
Back in 02 when the car came out I was a young 18yr old fresh out of high school. I had a built 89gt that I drove daily and street raced a lot. Then the terminator came out. I didn't see one till a few months later when a guy I knew showed up to a meet in a SB coupe. I was hooked I had to have one. Took me another two years to save and find the right car. Then in 2004 I bought my SB coupe from a friend of mine with 16k miles because he ordered a mystichrome. He bought it new locally in June of 2002. I've had her ever since and don't plan to sell. Came close a few times when times got tough but it's still here.

There is just something about these cars that just hooks you and I have no desire for something newer. I took my wife on our first date in this car a month after I got it 13 years ago. Countless road trips in it. A lot of good times. Now I just drive it here and there on nice days. Still makes me smile every time and always get compliments from people on it. I know if I ever sold it I would regret it so much. Can't wait to drive it tommorow when I'm off.

stangfreak

Established Member
Don't post these replies in the vid and pic section or in any other section on svtp. You will get hung. Svtp changed a lot. I love all mustangs and I'm a vette guy as well. But one positive remark about the cobra it's going to end up in smack down. I tend to stick to certain areas on this forum. If you own a svt car tread carefully

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Don't post these replies in the vid and pic section or in any other section on svtp. You will get hung. Svtp changed a lot. I love all mustangs and I'm a vette guy as well. But one positive remark about the cobra it's going to end up in smack down. I tend to stick to certain areas on this forum. If you own a svt car tread carefully

Yup, I generally stay in the terminator section.

choate

Drive with a sparkling glove on your shift hand
Established Member
Not to get off subject here but I know what you guys mean. I posted in an s550 forum a pic of my cobra, listed the mods and asked "who wants some" and man I got a lot of heat! People saying terminator owners blow each other, giving me the middle finger etc! The reason I'm on there is I have a 2012 5.0 that I'm thinking of trading up to a used s550 but they apparently don't take too well to terminator owners. Some were cool but a lot of negativity. I'm pretty confident I could beat those guys unless they were FULLY bolted on or supercharged. I've love to get on e85 and about 22lbs of boost and show them what an old girl can do

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member

That's just because of that GTPremi dumbass who paid 92k for a 350R. He is just butt hurt the terminator still brings the coin it does. Not all people like Terminators but no reason not to stay out of the section. The guy that started the thread also is brand loyal and doesn't like other American muscle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

xsellr8

BANNED
Established Member
That's just because of that GTPremi dumbass who paid 92k for a 350R. He is just butt hurt the terminator still brings the coin it does. Not all people like Terminators but no reason not to stay out of the section. The guy that started the thread also is brand loyal and doesn't like other American muscle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Actually, I am a big fan of any American muscle. Brothers own Trans ams snd SSs. I even have my own Facebook page called "American made muscle" which welcome all American muscle cars and sports cars. I have nothing against any. I simply stated since 2003 Terminators could run with and beat even Z06s (and even called the z06 mighty- not like I said anything bad against it). The butthurt flew like crazy. Everyone got all mad just as mentioned above.

Lots of people made a mistake by getting rid of their terminators and moved on to more expensive cars that don't really outperform the terminator (especially for the money) and so that's why they get so mad

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Last edited:

SVTdreamin04

What's a "Termi"???
Established Member
Premium Member
Looks like this thread is going off the rails..............

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

01yellercobra

Established Member
Not to get off subject here but I know what you guys mean. I posted in an s550 forum a pic of my cobra, listed the mods and asked "who wants some" and man I got a lot of heat! People saying terminator owners blow each other, giving me the middle finger etc! The reason I'm on there is I have a 2012 5.0 that I'm thinking of trading up to a used s550 but they apparently don't take too well to terminator owners. Some were cool but a lot of negativity. I'm pretty confident I could beat those guys unless they were FULLY bolted on or supercharged. I've love to get on e85 and about 22lbs of boost and show them what an old girl can do
And if an S550 owner posted something like that in this forum they'd probably get just as much heat. You probably came across as a troll to them.

choate

Drive with a sparkling glove on your shift hand
Established Member
And if an S550 owner posted something like that in this forum they'd probably get just as much heat. You probably came across as a troll to them.

Probably. It's all good. I just want to run one and see. The funny thing is I think some people just thought it was regular Mustang GT b/c there were several haha reactions lol. Lots of young guys on there that think their brand new S550 with a cat back is the fastest thing to ever exist

Last edited:

01yellercobra

Established Member
Probably. It's all good. I just want to run one and see. The funny thing is I think some people just thought it was regular Mustang GT b/c there were several haha reactions lol. Lots of young guys on there that think their brand new S550 with a cat back is the fastest thing to ever exist
Every new generation has those. I had one guy tell me his 11-14 V6 was faster than my 01 because the salesman told him the new V6's were faster than the old V8's.

atm0ot9

IWHINE_03_Cobra
Established Member
I'm coming up to 7 years that I've owned mine. The car has so much to offer. Like mentioned it's old enough that a gear head can still wrench on it too.

I personally could care less about a refined mustang. I mean it's a mustang, not a Cadillac.

Plus the history of these cobras and what they represent cross my mind every single time I'm behind the wheel.

I worked as a diesel tech during the time that these iconic cars rolled out. First one rolled through the service drive and I had already been in love before seeing one in person and it was better than I could have ever imagined. I told myself that I will own one of these cars one day. Now that I do Bdubbs said exactly what I would say. I've owned a lot of different sports cars and there is none like it!

Iamchris

Shakey Snake
Established Member
It is a very iconic car that hasn't gotten old for most people who own them. I think that drives less people to sell, and keeps the prices up.
For the average Mustang enthusiast, there isn't much to hate. The Mustang, and even domestic community has always been more about power and 1/4 mile performance than anything else. The Terminator is still probably one of the best 1/4 mile cars Ford has made when you consider modding.

5583keith

It was a vehicle before it's time and has standed the test if time even after technology has advanced. I'm a fan of the fox body, so about the only way I would trade/sell my Terminator is to get a Terminator swapped fox. But, it would have to be about the best one out there.

lawdog302

Lets roll with it
Established Member
Bought mine brand new, one of the only few cars ive ever bought new. Brings a smile to my face when i get to drive it and i feel its a kickass ride that one day will get passed down the line! and only 23k miles! Couldn't imagine letting someone else getting it and destroying it!

TheFleshRocket

Likes to drive sideways.
Established Member
What else can you buy for the low $20k range in a coupe that seats 4, has a torquey, powerful engine, is easy to get into and see out of, and handles well? Literally nothing. Forget the '05-'14 Mustangs--SRA is a deal breaker '15+--missing the blower punch and out of the price range to get it. Camaros--like driving a machine gun bunker, visibility-wise. Corvette and Viper--no back seat. CTS-V coupe--too ugly. 996-class 911 Turbo--way more expensive and not as fun to drive. Name anything else and I'll shoot it down.

The Terminator is in an otherwise-empty niche.

Users who are viewing this thread