why is this?

02_lightning_NP

Air Assault
Established Member
I've been working to fix my lightning for about a month now. most fo you will remember the last post i put up i kept throwing the infamous p0171 and p0174. No matter what i tried i couldnt figure out why i was throwing these damn codes. Well now I;m back with a new problem. I clear the codes and not even five minutes later they pop back up where as it used to take a couple days if not a week depepnding on how i drove her. She's idleing a bit low around 550rpms and it seems like I'm not getting any boost now, I should be reading 16 pounds at full throttle but i only show maybe 10 psi now at wot.Even at that it doesnt feel like Im getting any extra power from the boost, i feel like im running all n/a. Anyone have any ideas? Even when i crank up the truck it sounds a little weak. Could a vacuum leak cause this? What am i missing here? ANY ideas are appreciated. Where do i start....:??:
Imonly throwing those two codes....oh and i noticed today climbing a hill to my house that my air fuel ratio fell below 10.0 for a few seconds but on level ground it stayed around 14.4-14.7. I didnt start having any issues till i swapped on my new MP.

Dr. Matt

Dr. Matt
Established Member
Damn man sorry to hear it's still giving you trouble. I'd be really concerned with the loss of boost that something is wrong with the blower itself. If you had a bad enough vac leak to loose 6#'s of boost I cannot imagine the truck would idle at all. Have you considered putting the stock blower back on to see what it does? Also, what plenum do you have? When I installed my MP I had to grind the case to clear my plenum or I would have had a huge vac leak. See pics.

newunsorted077.gif

newunsorted071.gif

Dr. Matt

Dr. Matt
Established Member
What about seeing if the other guy in NP who just put the Whipple on still has his Eaton just to try and see what happens. I can probly find his # or reach him by PM and give him yours if you would like to try it. I don't have a stock blower anymore either. Just a good case off a Harley and a poor looking set of rotors from another blower. I could clean it up and assemble it but it would be untested, and 390 miles away.

Matt

heetstroke

Established Member
Yea man I know your frustration. I am still getting those damn codes also we are pulling the whipple off and changing my intake and charger gaskets as we have tried everything else. If I still had my stocker I would let you try it in a heartbeat. Have you monitored your stft we noticed the other day that one bank is .x20 off from the other one one occasion/not all the time. When is the last time you changed your plugs and o2's? My buddy has the ford scan tool and can monitor everything if you want me to hook you up with him shoot me a pm. Like I was telling Rich if I dont have to work then I can come by and help out with what I can

Dr. Matt

Dr. Matt
Established Member
I have a buddy who drives tractor/trailer to Fairbanks twice a week. Say the word and I'll put this blower together and you could meet him where he swaps trailers next week.

02_lightning_NP

Air Assault
Established Member
any and all help will be appreciated Dr. Matt. I kept my rotors out of the ported eaton i bought but they were never stripped but look okay other than a couple of teflon spots left intact. I know i should strip them. Heetstroke if you can hook me up with your buddy that would be cool as well. Even the guys on NLOC seem to think its that damn elbow but the last5 time i checked it looked fine. I'm gonna pull everthing apart again this weekend. I think this will be the 6th time ive pulled it apart. lol fun times.

Dr. Matt

Dr. Matt
Established Member
If you don't find the problem I'll send up the case I have with the anaerobic sealant and oil and you can assemble it with your rotors because they sound a lot better than the ones I have. Just let me know if you need it.

9red_lightning9

Established Member
When i threw those codes I found out that my worthless mechanic didnt plug in my O2 on the pass side.

Users who are viewing this thread