Why no SVT 4x4's

VettTheRipper

Big Honkin' Diesel
Established Member
I don't know about you folks but I'm a die hard ford truck fan and have owned 3 of them. Why hasn't SVT ever built a killer 4x4? don't much care for street trucks but a factory 400+hp 4x4? Sign me up.

NeedaCobra

Master of the Obvious
Established Member
Not many people want to buy a new truck, and then take it off road. My favorite kind of truck for off-roading is either a 78-79 F150 or a 80ish Chevy truck. :D

blacknight07607

Tailgating State
Established Member
The only one I can think of is the Saleen Explorer. Although I don't know much information about it. A Ford Dealership near my house has one. It's the Blue with Gray graphics. Not bad looking but Not for me.

blacknight07607

Tailgating State
Established Member
Here's some info and a pic of it

Vin: 1FMZU83P8YUB10085
Stock: P1635
Miles: 21,280
Price: $26,995
Color: Blue
Body: SUV AWD
Engine: V-8
Induction: ELECTRONIC FUEL INJECTION
Transmission: AUTOMATIC WITH OVERDRIVE
Warranty: Y

Click for larger image
Options:
POWER STEERING, POWER BRAKES, POWER DOOR LOCKS, POWER WINDOWS, AM/FM STEREO RADIO, RADIAL TIRES, GAUGE CLUSTER, TRIP ODOMETER, TACHOMETER, AIR CONDITIONING, TILT STEERING WHEEL, CRUISE CONTROL, TINTED GLASS, DRIVER SIDE AIR BAG, PASSENGER SIDE AIR BAG, FRONT BUCKET SEATS, RECLINING SEATS, MASTER WINDOW LOCK, ANTI-LOCK BRAKING SYSTEM, 18' ALLOY WHEELS, CUP HOLDER(S), INTERVAL WIPERS, REAR DEFROSTER, REAR WINDOW WIPER, CONSOLE, CARPETING, VANITY MIRROR, DAY/NIGHT LEVER, DUAL SPORT MIRRORS, LUGGAGE RACK, BODY SIDE MOLDINGS, CENTER ARM REST, MAP LIGHTS, MAP POCKETS, INSIDE HOOD RELEASE

Last edited:

zzzzzer

Livin' Life Roush-less :(
Established Member
You could always go for the Porsche Cayenne S :) . The Cayenne S is turbo'd and puts out something like 450 horses and lb-ft of torque. 4 wheel drive. $55K for the base. A loaded S-model around $85,000.

SNCBOOM

Established Member
It was in this months issue of motor trend too Jay....real nice I like it :thumbsup:

nj7703

Established Member
Chevy Silverado SS is why :D actually it would be cool, maybe something along the GMC Typhoon or Syclone lines.

blacknight07607

Tailgating State
Established Member
If I'm not mistaken. Chevy dropped a turbo in their Trailblazer and UP'ed the power to around 425-450. But they changed the drivetrain to Rear wheel drive only

nj7703

Established Member
Originally posted by project626
If I'm not mistaken. Chevy dropped a turbo in their Trailblazer and UP'ed the power to around 425-450. But they changed the drivetrain to Rear wheel drive only

GM has a whole SS line for their trucks. Not very impressive really, all are 4 wheel drive, just a few boy racer parts, wheels. They all run 0-60 6ish from what i remember seeing. They wanted better performance, but also day to day driveability. For sure not looking at touching Lightning performance.

zzzzzer

Livin' Life Roush-less :(
Established Member
Originally posted by nj7703
GM has a whole SS line for their trucks....all are 4 wheel drive...0-60 6ish from what i remember seeing. They wanted better performance, but also day to day driveability. For sure not looking at touching Lightning performance.

That's all very true. Car & Driver TV profiled the Silverado SS and said the same thing about GM wanting day-to-day, all-weather driveability of the truck.

Silverado-SS-7_8-Front.jpg

http://www.truckworld.com/Truck-Tests/03-silverado_ss/03-silverado_ss.html

Silverado-SS-interior.jpg

Sailing2Smth

Smooth Ass Sailor
Established Member
Originally posted by VettTheRipper
I don't know about you folks but I'm a die hard ford truck fan and have owned 3 of them. Why hasn't SVT ever built a killer 4x4? don't much care for street trucks but a factory 400+hp 4x4? Sign me up.

u can't just settle for the Lightning;-)

CobraCallie

Banned
Originally posted by zzzzzer
You could always go for the Porsche Cayenne S :) . The Cayenne S is turbo'd and puts out something like 450 horses and lb-ft of torque. 4 wheel drive. $55K for the base. A loaded S-model around $85,000.

I saw one on Motor Trend TV... hmmm maybe a Christmas present for me :-D ;-)

Users who are viewing this thread