Why not a computer re-flash

Jagged Edge

Established Member
It keeps getting better every day. It's awesome, it runs like it really is a hand built engine. It's tuned by a engineer... it's all he does... it what he knows and he does it so dam well. It might be why people like Saleen go this route instead of chips. I've done chips, some tunes worked somewhat others along the way in the build failed to the point it cost me a engine because the tuner forgot to lock the tables down thereby melting the heads right off the block, (aluminum slag on the pistons and cylinder walls) in the first 330 feet of a run. That engine was built, not one piece of the rotating assembly let go. I was so careful in building an engine to hold up and not break and some *&@# melts it.
To each his own, but if you have not as yet invested in a chip or a Predator, why not give this route a try... you won't be disappointed. The only draw back is you won't have a club sticker from some tuner to put on your window... for what ever that's worth. It cost me about 5 grand to rebuild and you know... a sticker wasn't worth it.
JE
:thumbsup:

Last edited:

UBNSTRK

SVT GOD
Established Member
Whos did the computer flash and how does it work!!!

What happens when a tuner melts your car?

APTEN

Apten Performance
Established Member
we usually tune by flashing the EEC where possible. It's a lot easier than a chip, and more reliable.

Brian

Jagged Edge

Established Member
Using my post as a endorsement

Originally posted by BrianH
we usually tune by flashing the EEC where possible. It's a lot easier than a chip, and more reliable.

Brian

Brian,
You may be good, but I wouldn't know. Your post in response to UBNSTRK suggest my endosement of your services and that is not the case. To imply you had anything to do with my tune is incorrect. Though I wish you and your customers well please don't hawk your services at my expense.
Thank you
JE

Jagged Edge

Established Member
Originally posted by UBNSTRK
Whos did the computer flash and how does it work!!!

What happens when a tuner melts your car?

I sent you a pm
BTW it's the same guy who did "Onelfastlride's" tune, so you can ask his opinion too.
JE

PS: You ask what happens when a tuner melts your car... He tells you sh!t happens, blames everyone else, turns his back and walks away leaving you stranded 1500 miles from home without as much as a helpful phone call for a tow truck.
No, I am not bitter about that tuner, but like my engine that too one day will get fixed.

Last edited:

APTEN

Apten Performance
Established Member
Brian,
You may be good, but I wouldn't know. Your post in response to UBNSTRK suggest my endosement of your services and that is not the case. To imply you had anything to do with my tune is incorrect. Though I wish you and your customers well please don't hawk your services at my expense.
Thank you
JE

no service hawking here, sorry if it looked that way. Also sending you a PM. I thought if anything I could help discuss reflash technology if questions came up in this thread.

Last edited:

Jagged Edge

Established Member
Originally posted by BrianH
no service hawking here, sorry if it looked that way. Also sending you a PM. I thought if anything I could help discuss reflash technology if questions came up in this thread.

Sorry I saw it as a little REM to me, but I am sure I over reacted. My apologies.
JE

Morgan

Established Member
I've heard about BOPs re-flash and I do not understand why; if it works, more people do not take this route.

The info I was given is this: The processor's programming is changed in such a way that the car will adapt to ALL performance mods(pulley swaps, exhaust, headers, fuel supply, intake mods, etc)??? It seems that in order for the a/f to be accurate, the stock 02's would need to provide a more precise measurement. As I understand it, the factory 02s more or less see rich or lean, and do not differentiate with much detail HOW rich or lean(hence, the reason they are not wideband). Furthermore, how will this adaptive ECU control timing advance/max advance...

The basic proposal being this is THE end all to chips b/c it eliminates any need for additional tuning...is this close to correct?

I know this option has been around for a while now, but I have yet to see, until this thread, anyone using it. Beyond PM's, would you bother expounding here on the info you have?

And thanks Brian, for your input, tuners that read/post on the boards are a great asset to all of us.

Jagged Edge

Established Member
I am havin fun again

I just got back from FFW in Orlando and I am very happy with my tune. Jim at JDM took it down the track (the fact is the man can drive), and pulled a 1.83 60 ft 12.1 et @ 114.6 and to top it off the temp was in the mid 80's. Jim felt he could get in the 11's with a little more aggressive a launch. I even got a 1.81 60 ft. All I did was just clean the dr's off and launch as 2500 rpm's... no wheel hop at all. All the short times where in the low 1.8's all day.
I think in those temps with only my short list of performance mod it did great.
JE:D

Users who are viewing this thread