Why race just 1/4 mile?

nduction03

Established Member
Why race just a 1/4 mile at a time??

Because anything over that and you would need to fill up..again....

$10 bucks a day for gas.

Love the car, hate the mileage. lol

haskett

Established Member
There's also one in West Texas, but I can't remember the name and can't find the link. I'd love to do one of those events one of these days. My brother does them and has a blast. Other than being fairly dangerous, the main problem is that the safety requirements are pretty strict, and I'm not real interested in installing a roll cage, fire suppression system, etc etc.

Forbidden Snake

Established Member
Putting our cars at WOT for 30 - 45 minutes to cover this stretch of highway is quite a pounding... I wonder if our engines will last, especially with us higher boosted guys?

TXFLYME1

Pay No Attention
Established Member
Originally posted by Forbidden Snake
Putting our cars at WOT for 30 - 45 minutes to cover this stretch of highway is quite a pounding... I wonder if our engines will last, especially with us higher boosted guys?

They highlighted the one here in West Texas on a tv show that I watched. People with all sorts of modded cars show up for this thing. From what I remember, you were restricted on your speed based on what safety measures your car was equipped with and your experience level. They had the State Troopers out along the course monitoring it as well. Really well organized though it seemed. Parts of it were WOT areas, as well as winding road areas.

The entry fee was a couple of hundred bucks though I think.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread