Why should I buy an American car?

bigslim

Established Member
I just recieved a card from Ford that went to all of it's employeess. It is asking ideas to help the company. Also in the that card was info that show some of the support that Ford has maid to various things. You ask why we should buy American cars, this is why:

1. Donated $6 million dollars to the victims of Katrina and sent mobile Incident Communications centers to serve as local Sheriff's offices and donated the use of 275 vehicles to military relief teams.

2. The Ford Fund donated nearly $80 million dollars to the United Way, American Red Cross, Hispanic Scholarship Fund, United Negro College Fund, the Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation and many more.

3. 80 year association with the Disabled American Veterans, donating thousands of cars, trucks and vans, specially designed to help those who protected our freedom.

There are so many other ways that these American car makers help our communities. This is something I have been saying all along. Can Honda, Nissan and Toyota say the same.

The question has been asked "Why should I buy an American car". This is why.

knowfreed0m

Blown Is Better
Established Member
Yes Amen to that for sure!
Ford is a very good company in a number of diffrent ways, whether it is building cars or helping out communities. I dont want to see companies like Ford and GM go under, because I grew up with them and I want my kids grow up with Blue Oval and American muscle under there right foot! :rockon:

Five4Rider

Enjoy The View
Established Member
Awesome post!! And also, that is one sweet Marauder. :thumbsup: I almost bought a black one before I got my L. Keep it clean. :beer:

astrocreep96

Inevitable
Established Member
Premium Member
I'd also add: (as far as I know) Ford has done quite a bit to help out the environment.

TattooedScumbag

Established Member
Yeah Ford is good company...Its nice to see big companies helping those who need it the most..its inspiring.
For the most part they keep the cars we want in reach..you dont have to be well off or weathly to own a mustang(Shelby maybe) that is one thing I like about them...with chevy you either get a cobalt SS(dont get me started) or a vette..no in between whatsoever..sure the camaro may be coming back out but they will probably be a little out of reach especially if you have to buy them same as before..fullyloaded with power everything and leather and a hefty price tag

LogiWorld123

Established Member
bigslim said:
Can Honda, Nissan and Toyota say the same.

Yes. Visit each of the respective company's website and look for community/philanthropy/citizenship.

The question has been asked "Why should I buy an American car". This is why.

You could always give directly to said organizations and buy what you want, but that's just me.

xilix

Too Stock
Established Member
Ford simply needs to get their shit together. Plain and simple. That's really the bottom line. They need to build cars that are on par with the quality and reliability as the japs. Moreover they need a new marketing campaign that targets younger audiences. The Mustang, Lincoln LS and F-150 are really the only three vehicles that I even like from Ford. And their new concept ideas are just terrible.

The history of the company itself and the way it changed the world will surely never be forgotten, but in this competitive world that isn't enough for most people to be loyal and buy from them.

astrocreep96

Inevitable
Established Member
Premium Member
Euphoric One said:
What does any of that have to do with building quality cars that have the features, specs and looks I want in a car?

Some on this site apparently have money to buy based on emotion?

Lightning LA

Mark it ZERO!
Established Member
I've NEVER owned a Foreign vehicle, and i NEVER will! That is unless i win the Lotto and become a Multi-Millionare, then a Labo or Ferrari might just make it's way into my garage! :-D

Top_Fuel

Person of Interest
Established Member
Tons of people have been burned by American automakers in the past. We all know someone with a story like this...

Someone buys a new [Ford/GM/Chrysler] and the transmission blows up at 38,000 miles. The dealer tells them "There's nothing we can do for you. That'll be $3,000." Calling the 1-800 customer service number results in a rude stonewall of "We can't help you."
The US automakers drove these customers away. Maybe in their arrogance manufacturers forgot that once you lose a customer, they may NEVER come back.

I understand that U.S. quality is up, but it's going to take a lot more than flag-waving to get these people back into a Ford/GM/Chrysler showroom.

ph363

Established Member
You should buy American vehicles simply for the fact that our entire economy pivots on the auto industry. If they go out, we are all in for tough times.

Users who are viewing this thread