Why use 125 or 100? Went a 10 on a 75 shot.

ebrow21

Established Member
I wanted to run a 10.XX on a 75 shot before I put the Whipple on the car and I was able to do that today. The car went 11.10 @123 awhile back in not so great weather.

The car is a 12 gt Premium Auto. Race Stars (275/60/15 MT's), airaid, o/r x, d/s, JMS tune, NX plate kit, 75 shot. Stock converter/gear. K-springs, all stock suspension otherwise. Da for the run was +123.

60 1.54
1/8 6.98 @ 98.64
1/4 10.94 @ 122.58

MPH was down a bit because it did a 3-4 shift RIGHT before the lights. I should have had the tune hold the gear, it may have went an .8x

I'm pretty pleased with the car. Its a simple combo, and it runs pretty well. I doubt I'll run the car much more on nitrous though, the blower is calling my name.

BHARRIS

FoMoCo
Established Member
why bigger shot... the bigger the pills you put in it the more power you make... more power nets you better 60ft, et, mph and ect
the real question here is not why? its why not? lol

ebrow21

Established Member
Crap, I read too fast.

SCR?

Mike

Yeah, ran the car at Import Face-off. I ran in their domestic street class with a few friends.

why bigger shot... the bigger the pills you put in it the more power you make... more power nets you better 60ft, et, mph and ect
the real question here is not why? its why not? lol

The title was more meant to give the guys running within .1-.2 on a bigger shot a hard time, haha.

Before I got the wild hair and bought the whipple, I planned on going with a nitrous dedicated car again. All the parts are still there from my old 3v car plus a few extras (prog controller, stand alone cell, converter, etc) but I guess they'll sit for awhile now. I didn't want to run anything larger than a 75 on stock fuel/plugs.

Nitrous is cheap, fun speed.

what did it run on motor? and thats freaking awesome!

Its been high 11's on motor.

Big Ben

stangsofsouthflorida.com
Established Member
Amazing on a 75 shot. I am trapping higher for obvious reasons with my 125 shot but HAVE to get my 60 down. My 1.70 is keeping out of the 10's at 11.1.

Are you foot braking at all? I found my best launches just mashing the throttle but need to find a way to launch harder without spending $1k on a converter. I am running 26 inch ET streets on 17's.

ebrow21

Established Member
Amazing on a 75 shot. I am trapping higher for obvious reasons with my 125 shot but HAVE to get my 60 down. My 1.70 is keeping out of the 10's at 11.1.

Are you foot braking at all? I found my best launches just mashing the throttle but need to find a way to launch harder without spending $1k on a converter. I am running 26 inch ET streets on 17's.

Foot brake to about 1500 or so, the nitrous is on a button.

1Bad5.0

Established Member
Nice times, i was at SCR all day yesterday...the air was really good and the track was workiing.

I wanted to run a 10.XX on a 75 shot before I put the Whipple on the car and I was able to do that today. The car went 11.10 @123 awhile back in not so great weather.

The car is a 12 gt Premium Auto. Race Stars (275/60/15 MT's), airaid, o/r x, d/s, JMS tune, NX plate kit, 75 shot. Stock converter/gear. K-springs, all stock suspension otherwise. Da for the run was +123.

60 1.54
1/8 6.98 @ 98.64
1/4 10.94 @ 122.58

MPH was down a bit because it did a 3-4 shift RIGHT before the lights. I should have had the tune hold the gear, it may have went an .8x

I'm pretty pleased with the car. Its a simple combo, and it runs pretty well. I doubt I'll run the car much more on nitrous though, the blower is calling my name.[/QUOTE]

Users who are viewing this thread